Heeseung

Y/n Pov
00:45 am

I ruffled my hair in irratation, who the hell am I supposed to choose? My hands involuntarily reached out for Heeseung's voicemail. My eyes widened, surprised by my own actions. My throat suddenly felt dry and I headed downstairs for water.

I stopped on my tracks when I saw my mother weeping, she looked terrifying, sitting on the chair of out dinner table, holding a paper which looked rather old and torn. "Mom?" She flinched at my presence, wiping away her tears and giving me a weak smile. "Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" She asked, a frown forming in her delicate features.

Avoiding her questions I took a seat, biting my lips when I saw her bloodlust eyes, It was now sure that she was definitely crying "Are you crying?" I fired back. I glanched at the paper she was holding.

Oh carp

This paper

Elementary School

"Write whatever you wish to have in this paper and hand it to me, I will paste it on the bark of the tree, when your wish is fullfiled we will sent it back to you with a gift"  Our teacher advised us.

I looked at the tree with pure adoration, this tree was called the wish fulfilling tree and legends said that this tree DID fulfill any wish when you were desperate for it.

I took out my pencil from my pencil case and started to write :

Dear tree,
I wish I really really wish that when I reach home I can be patted on my head by my dad for eating my lunch, get a huge hug from my mom for waking up early, get lots and lots of friends and play with them. I wish I was Ji young

I sighed as I handed the paper to my teacher and watched it being pasted on the bark of the tree.

How could I forget about my letter! Figures, I was really  stressed these days that I didn't even have much sleep.

"That's a pretty cute wish" ky mother smiled eying the paper then she cleared her throat "I'm sorry y/n" she whispered but it seemed so low, it was almost as if she was talking to herself.

"I was so lost in raising the both of you up that even though I knew that I was mistreating you I ignored it, but I want you to know that I have never stopped loving you, not even for a single second" She continued.

I didn't have the urge to say that it was okay because it was not okay at all. All the time I hid myself and settled in the cold dark corner because I thought something about me was disappointing them.

"We were both stressed out and you know Ji young had some medical complications" She muttered avoiding my gaze.

"We put you through all of this" She stated her voice soft and smooth. I couldn't speak, it was as if there was sand filling in my throat and I strongly held back the tears that were threatening to come out.

She let out a shaky breath dabbing away the tear that slipped out of her eyes as she smiled. "You forgive us right?"

She stared straight at me this time, I felt suffocated I didn't expect to have this conversation. I was always having the dark moment and I needed to be selfish too.

But we can't always be selfish can we? They didn't mean to bring me harm and they were going through a lot too.

Letting out a smile, I nodded my head still having no courage to speak. I decided to change the topic "Mom, How did you meet dad?"