Chapter 25

Dean was downstairs filling shotgun shells with the ashes of the Phoenix. Nova decided to be nice and took a beer down to him since he had been so focused on it.

"What's this?" He asked when she handed him the bottle.

"It's called beer."

"Yeah no shit Sherlock, I meant what for." He smirked and took a drink.

"Just figured you deserved it." She shrugged as Sam and Bobby walked down the stairs.

"How you doing?" Sam asked when they got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Five shells, that's how I'm doing."

Sam sighs, "Well that's hell of a lot more than we had last week."

"Yeah maybe."

"Meaning?" Bobby questioned.

"Meaning I just had myself a mishap a few minutes ago....here look at this." He explained then grabbed a pinch of the ash on his arm.

"Whoa." Sam breaths out as he did that.

"This is supposed to burn the bejesus out of eve. Doesn't even give me a sunburn."

"The lore says it works."

"That's always reliable." Dean said in a sarcastic tone.

"Maybe it's like iron or silver you know?" Nova suggested, "Hurts them not us?"

"Maybe, but a lot of good it does us until we find the bitch." Dean said as he walked over, grabbed a small towel and wiped his arm off.

"I'm looking, but I'm thinking maybe it's time you made a call." Bobby suggested.

Dean throws his hands out, "Why's it always gotta be me huh? It's not like Cass lives in my ass. The dudes busy."

Just then Cass popped in right behind Dean which caused Nova to start giggling. Because of their reactions and facial expressions Dean turned around real quick.

"Cass get out of my ass."

"I was never in your--"

They just stared confused at each other until Cass changed the subject.

"Have you made any progress in finding eve?"

They told him that's what they wanted to find out if he had but he told them that she was hidden from him and all other angels.

"You know what we really need is an inside man." Sam told them.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked confused.

"Something with claws and sympathy."

"Like a friendly monster?" Nova asked with an eyebrow raised.

Sam shrugged so Dean said, "Those are in short supply."

"Sure but we've met one or two right?" Sam questioned.

"Maybe." Dean told him.

"So maybe we can find one." Sam spoke.

Cass told them he could search to find one that they have dealt with before. He then left, but a little while later he popped in with a vampire they have dealt with before. Her name was Lenore, of course she's was scared out of her wits thinking they were going to finish her off until they reassured her they weren't going to. After they assured her they weren't going to she gave the information they were looking for.

~~~~

After they got ready, Cass snapped then to Grants Pass, Oregon. But they were shocked to see how calm it was. After Bobby told them that just cause it looked quiet doesn't mean it was. Nova then said that it could be like the saying calm before the storm. Bobby nodded saying that especially if she knew they were coming. Dean made Nova snort from holding in laughter by calling Cass Smitey Mcsmiterton and that he was on their squad.

They needed to figure out where to start so they decided to go to a diner so Bobby can work his magic on a computer.

Once they sat down at the diner, Sam pulled out what he had and that was a ipad.

"What is this?" Bobby asked taking it from Sam.

"It's a tablet." Nova giggled.

"I asked for a computer."

"Uncle Bobby it's basically like a computer but takes up less space." Nova told him.

"A computer has buttons." Bobby rolled his eyes then started looking up things on the tablet.

"Anything?" Sam inquired.

"Nickel and dime stuff. Nothing weird. Basically a dead end. You sure vampira wasn't lying?"

Cass looked around the diner, "I'll search the town. Give me a moment."

They expected him to zap away from there but he just sat there so they just stared at him.

"Cass, we can still see you." Dean told him.

"Yeah, I'm still here."

"Okay well you don't have to wait on us you-"

Sam cleared his throat as Cass scrunched up his face some.

"Well now it just looks like you're pooping." Dean told him.

"Oh gross." Nova giggled quietly.

Cass then got a confused facial expression, "Something's wrong."

"What are you stuck?" Dean asked him.

"I'm blocked. I'm powerless."

"You're joking." Dean showed a little shock.

"Something in this town is uh, affecting me. I'm assuming it's Eve."

"So wait, Moms making you limp?" Dean asked him.

Cass just stared at him then said with a slight nod, "Figuratively yes."

"How?"

"I don't know but she is."

"Oh that's great, because without your powers you're basically a baby in a trench coat." Dean sighed.

Cass didn't know what to say to that as he stared at him then began looking out the window.

"Awe." Nova cooed and patted Dean on the shoulder, "I think you hurt his feelings."

~~~~

They then decided to check out the bar but when they got there, everyone in the joint was dead.

"Oh that's just great." Nova muttered while scrunching up her face.

As they were looking around Bobby pointed out that you'd think the sheriff would notice that many people missing or dead. Dean than took a closer look at one of the bodies and at first thought it was a vamp but then noticed the spike like a wraith. After Dean asked what should they call it Bobby joked he discovered it so he gets to name it.

"Jefferson starships."

"Really Dean?" Nova smirked as all three of them looked at Dean.

"Huh? Because they're horrible and hard to kill." Dean then grinned like a child in a candy store.

"Wow Dean wow." Nova giggled as Bobby rolled his eyes.

Sam went into say it was a bar turned into but Dean cut him off taking the opportunity to say Jefferson starships. They weren't exactly sure what killed them but Bobby said it looked like they burned up from a fever.
Right as Dean leaned down to one of the bodies a few cops show up and told them to put their hands up. Bobby, Sam and Nova put their hands up but Dean stayed crouched down and went around to the back of the bar.

"Look this is all a mistake." Nova told them.

"This is not what it looks like." Cass said.

Bobby told them they were the fed but they didn't want to hear it and arrested them. As soon as they were hauled out Dean came out of hiding.