Chapter 24

Nova was laying down in the backseat of a car reading a book when all of a sudden a bag landed on her legs.

"Ow!" She called out as she sat up.

Both guys jumped and look in.

"Nova?" Sam asked.

"What are you doing there?" Dean asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Reading." She held the book up, "Plus mr cranky in there said I was getting on his nerves somehow." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, we're not exactly sure why. He swears it's not cause of Rufus passing away but we think otherwise." Sam stated.

"So where you two heading?"

"Pennsylvania for a case, you coming?" Dean asked.

"Sure, beats being here with him." She giggled.

They got in and Dean started the car.

"You know, maybe we should wait till she gets back." Sam suggested, meaning Ellen.

"Dude, she just called, said she'd be here in two shakes. You really wanna sit around and smell him stew in his juices."

"Ew." Nova scrunched up her face and giggled.

"Yeah, yeah drive." Sam told him.

With that Dean drove off for Pennsylvania. When they got there they checked into the motel and then went to go check out the latest victims garage where the accident happened. This time Nova decided to go with them because she didn't feel like staying at the motel by herself.
As they were checking the place out Sam found a gold string laying on the floor. They realized it was real gold. Dean made the comment about there's some skeletons in the family's closet.

"I mean, accidents don't just happen accidentally."

Both Sam and Nova just looked at him for saying that.

"Really Dean?" Nova smirked.

He had realized how dumb that had sounded, "You know what I mean."

Sam decided to check out family records and Dean would go talk to the next of kin. As they were checking things out another murder happened. As they were checking out that location Nova found another gold string.
After they were done they went back to the hotel and Dean called Ellen to see if she knew anything. She had mentioned how everyone that has died had families that came to America at the same time in 1912 on a ship named Titanic.

"I'm going to have to check this out. To find the connection." Nova got on her laptop and searched up information about the titanic.

"Well this is interesting." Nova stated after a few minutes.

"What's that?" Sam came over and stood behind her, resting his hands on her shoulders as he looked at the screen.

"The Titanic was the largest passenger ship in the world when it came across the North Atlantic in 1912."

"What's the big deal? It's a ship, it sailed."

"Yeah, I don't know." Nova shook her head.

"According to this there was a close call." Sam stated, "Ship almost hit an iceberg."

"Almost? So?"

"Soo..." Sam dragged the word out then said, "Looks like the first mate spotted it just in time."

"Good for him. Anything else?"

"Wait a second." Nova popped up.

"What?" Dean asked as he looked up from his notebook.