Chapter 20

Nova decided to walk out and join the guys but she got a surprise when she walked out.

"You told him?!" Dean snapped.

Nova quickly shook her head and started to talk but Sam spoke up before she could.

"No, she didn't, Cass did Dean."

"Cass, friggin child." Dean sighed.

Nova groaned, "I warned him not to. Apparently he ignored me."

"You guys should have told me." Sam told them.

"You weren't supposed to know." Nova walked up to Sam and put her hand on his shoulder which he put his hand on her hand.

"What I did? To Bobby, to you?" Sam looks at Dean. "Of course I should know."

Nova thought about mentioning what happened when they were on the case about fairies but thought against it so she just kept her mouth shut especially after Dean gave her a stern look and looked back at his brother.

"Sam, death didn't just shove your soul back in. He put up a great wall of Sam between you and the things you don't remember. Trust us when I say the things you don't know could kill you. That's not a joke." Dean said sternly.

"All right." Sam sighed. "But I have to set things right. Or what I can anyway."

"Sam, babe, that wasn't you." She wrapped her arm around his shoulders and kisses his cheek.

"God, I feel like I got slipped the worse mickey of all time. And I woke up to find out I burnt the whole city down.And you guys can say it wasn't me but I'm the one with the Zippo in my pocket." Sam sighs, "So I'm not sure it's that cut and dry." He looks between Dean and Nova, "I appreciate you two trying to protect me. I really do. But I gotta fix what I gotta fix."

"What do you mean?" Nova asked softly.

"I need to know what I did."

"That could be dangerous." Dean told him.

"What would you guys do?" Sam asked as Nova lightly massaged his shoulders, and when no one said anything he continued, "Right, the same thing."

"Sam." Nova started to say but Bobby walked up so they all looked over at him.

"Something I think you guys ought to see."

They walked inside and Bobby sat down at his desk. The guys sat in the chairs in front of the desk. Nova stood at the side but Sam patted his leg and so she sat down sideways on it where her legs were between his. He smiles up at her as he put his hand on her lower back. She smiles back at him as Bobby began to talk.

He moves a book where they can see the pages, "Now as near as I can figured it, this dates back around the 14th century."

"What language is it?" Sam asked.

"Da Vinci Code. Real obscure Latinate. Gonna take my golden years to translate it all. Oh and uh, FYI that ain't paper."

Dean looks at him, "What is it?"

"It's human skin." Bobby told him.

"Oh gross." Nova scrunched up her face as Dean brushed his fingers on his jacket.

"Okay, I'm fairly clear in this first bit. It basically describes this place. It's basically the backside of your worst nightmares. It's all blood, bone and darkness." He explained, "Filled with bodies and souls of all things hungry sharp and nasty."

"Monsters?" Nova asked confused.

"It's monster land." Bobby said with a nod of his head. "According to this." He motioned to the book. "It goes by many names, most of which I can't pronounce. But I'm thinking, purgatory."

"Purgatory?" Dean repeated the word, "Awesome." He grabbed the glass and bottle of alcohol on the desk. "Well that." He cleared his throat, "Good to know." He started pouring himself a drink. "So you're saying these dragon freaks were squatting in the sewers." He sits down on the couch as he continued, "And we're reading tone poems about purgatory?"

"Oh no, no, no." Bobby said, causing Sam and Nova to look up from the book at him. "They're reading an instruction manual."

"What?" Both Dean and Nova said at the same time.

Bobby continued, "Yeah, if you're nuts enough to want access to a place that's gnarly. This book will show you how to open a door."

"Door to purgatory." Nova stated.

"Well I know a demon that would have loved to known about that." Dean starts to take a drink but asks, "So how do you open the door?"

"Ask Cloverfield. I'm pretty sure he's got that page. It gets worse."

"Worse?" Sam asks.

"This ain't talking about taking a vacation over there. This is all about how to open the door to let in something in."

"Bring something here?" Sam questioned.

"What?" Nova asked.

"I'm working on it." Bobby told them.

"Can you give us something?" Dean asked him.

"I got a name."

"And?" Nova asked.

"Mother?" Bobby said with a confusion tone.

"Mother?" Dean repeated.

"Mother? Mother of What? Mother of Dragons?" Sam asked.

"We wish." Nova says looking at the book, "It says it a few times in here. Mother of all." Once she finished Bobby nodded agreeing with her.

"What the hell does Mother of All mean?" Dean asked.

Bobby shrugged while shaking his head, "I don't know."

They all just looked confused. The next day Sam all of a sudden got coordinates sent to his phone, after he checked them out and said something about some girls vanished he said they should go. At first Dean didn't want to go thinking it could be a trap but Sam talked him into it and Dean said as soon as something goes squirrelly that they're to back out of it and Sam agreed.
Nova decided she didn't want to go so the boys packed up.

"I'll see you later." Nova told Sam as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed him.

He kisses her back with a smile, "See you later." He kisses her again.

"Be safe."

"Always." He says to her.

They kiss again then him and Dean leave.