Chapter 21

Nova was sitting on her bed playing on her laptop when she decided to call Sam to see how things were going but it wasn't Sam that answered but Dean.

"Dean? Hey, Sam okay?"

"I don't know Nova. We were talking and all of a sudden he passed out." Dean sighs.

"What?!" Nova sat up more.

"We were working this case, he remembers everything that's happened here before. He worked it with Samuel."

Just then Sam opened his eyes and groaned.

"He's waking up, thank God." He pulls Sam up, "Come on we're getting the hell out of dodge. Listen Nova, he seems fine now. I'll call you when I know more. But I need to get him away from here."

"Okay." Nova sighs, "Keep me updated please."

"Of course." Dean told her and hung up.

Nova tossed her phone next to her and wiped the tears out of her eyes. "I think it's happening." She told herself out loud.

~~

The next morning Nova decided to try Sam again so she grabs her phone and calls him.

"You not going to answer it?" Dean looked up from his coffee when Sam just let it ring.

"It's Nova." Sam shook his head. " I'll talk to her later."

"Why? She's probably worried about you."

"Because I don't want her to know what happened last night yet."

Dean started to take a drink, leaving his cup in front of his face, "Too late." He then took a drink.

Sam gave him a stern looks, "What do you mean too late Dean?"

"She." He clears his throat, "Called last night when you were passed out."

"So you couldn't tell her I was asleep?"

"Because she's your girlfriend Sammy, and she deserves to know what's going on. Plus she's smarter than that, I was upset about what was going on with you that I'm sure she would have figured something was wrong by the tone of my voice."

"Yeah I guess you're right." He breaths out.

"I know I'm right. Females can tell that sort of thing. So you need to call her back."

Sam nodded and called Nova.

"Sam! Thank God you're okay." She said excited then calmed her voice down, " How are you feeling baby?"

"Besides having a little bit of a headache, I'm doing okay. How are you?"

"Better now that I know you're okay. After last night I was on edge wondering what was going on and if you were okay."

"Yeah I don't know what happened. Me and Dean was talking, all of a sudden my head started pounding then I woke up laying on the floor with Dean hovering over me." He told her.

"I'm just happy you're okay."

"Yeah me too but hey I have a question for you."

"I might have an answer."

Sam chuckled lightly then continued, "When I was off by myself, well hunting with the Campbell's, were me and you together?"

"Define together."

"Together as in a relationship."

"Oh uhm." She cleared her throat, "No." She lied, because she was afraid if she told him the truth it could make things in his head worse, "At least not in a relationship." She then blushed at her next thought but continued, "But we have been together in other ways."

"Other ways as in?" It clicked in his brain. "Oh! You mean-"

"Yes Sam." She cut him off with a giggle, "And let me tell you it was." She kissed the tips fingers, "Phenomenal." She smirked.

"It was huh?"

"Yes it was." She smirked.

"So how often did we?"

"Not too often really. I mean it was quite a bit but then we went our separate ways because of family stuff I had to deal with."

They talked a little while longer than got off the phone with each other.

"You good?" Dean asked Sam.

"Yeah." Sam nods looking at him.

"So what was all that about? Asking about how many times and all." Dean smirked.

"Nothing." Sam smirked back.

"Uh huh, I know, I've seen the bruises on her."

"Bruises? You mean I physically hurt her?" Sam asked shocked.

"Oh no, no they were on her." Dean motioned with his hands as if he was grabbing his hip.

"Oh...wait how did you see those? Did you two?"

"Of course not man!" Dean shook his head quickly then went on to explain, "It was around the time we realized something was up with you. We were sitting in the edge of the bed waiting for you to get out of the shower, she bent over to tie her shoes. Her shirt slid up a little and that's when I noticed them. Of course I had to ask and that's when she said you got a little rough during, well you know where." Dean smirked with a huge smile. "And trust me when I say this, don't go freaking out, but she wasn't complaining...at all." He wiped his hand over thin air, still having the smile plastered on his face.

"Huh." Was all Sam could muster out.

Dean patted Sam's shoulder, "My baby brother is growing up." Then he chuckled, "Didn't think you had it in you."

They then started talking about how Sam should leave the past in the past and not think about it for the sake of the wall in his brain. After they finished the conversation Dean suggested they take a job in New Jersey to get his mind off of everything.