Chapter 9

Nova decided to go visit Bobby, she had already told him about her mother's passing not too long after it had happened. Everyone her mother knew, that was close to her, knew of her passing away.

As her and Bobby were sitting in the living room talking, there was a knock on the door so Bobby got up and answered it.

"Damnit." Bobby said lowly.

"It's good to see you too Bobby. It's been a while."

"If you're here, something's wrong."

"Bobby, this is Lisa and Ben."

"It's nice to finally meet you two." He motioned them in, "mi casa es su casa." He says as they walk in.

"Oh hey you guys. Nice to see you again." Nova smiled at the three of them.

"Maybe you want to go upstairs. The TV's broken but there's plenty of readers digest." With that Lisa and Ben headed up the stairs, "Just don't touch the decor okay? Assume it's all loaded."

"So." Dean said.

Just then Sam walked in making Nova suck in a breath.

"Hey Bobby, hey Nova."

"Sam." Bobby stated, he had already knew Sam was alive along with Nova.

"Hey Sam." Nova smiled at Sam.

Dean looked between Bobby, Sam and Nova confused at their reactions of not being shocked seeing Sam alive.

~~~~

"You two knew? You knew Sam was alive?" Dean asked once they were all settled inside.

Bobby was sitting at the table, Nova and Sam was by each other, holding each other's hand while Dean was pacing the floor.

"Yeah." Bobby told him.

"How long?"

"Look-" Bobby started but Dean cut him off.

"How long?"

"All year." Bobby said.

"A couple weeks after I met with you and Lisa." Nova pipped up.

"You've got to be kidding me." Dean breathed out.

"And we'd do it again." Bobby said, meaning him and Nova.

"Why?" Dean threw his hands up and dropped them.

"Because you got out Dean! You walked away from the life! And I was so damn grateful! You have no idea!"

"Do you have any clue what walking away meant for me?!"

"Yeah a woman and a kid! And not getting your guts ripped out at the age of thirty. That's what that meant."

"That woman and that kid, I went to them because you asked me to." Dean pointed to Sam.

"Good." Both Bobby and Nova said at the same time.

"Good for who?" Dean snapped then looked at Nova, "And you? Why couldn't you have the decency to tell me?"

"Because it wasn't my place to Dean!" Nova snapped back. "You were getting to live the apple pie life. I seen how happy you two were when I was there and I didn't want that ruined for you."

"I showed up on their doorstep half outta my head with grief." Dean said looking between the three of them, "God knows why they even let me in. I drank too much, I had nightmares. I looked everywhere, I collected hundreds of books. Trying to find anything to bust you out."

"You promised you'd leave it alone."

"Of course I didn't leave it alone! Sue me!" Nova snorted back a laugh as Dean continued, ignoring her, "A damn year?! You couldn't put me out of my misery?"

"Look I get, it wasn't easy. But that's life! And it's as close to happiness I've seen a hunter get. Ain't like we wanted to lie to you son! But you were out Dean."

"Do I look out to you?" Dean said with tears in his eyes and looked over at me and Sam.

"Look Dean, Bobby and Sam, they didn't mean to hurt you by lying. I'm sure, in their minds, they were doing the right thing by making sure you wasn't breaking a promise that you promised to Sam." Nova assured softly while rubbing her thumb over Sam's knuckles.

"Yeah." Dean breathed out as he wiped his hand down his face.

After a few minutes of silence Dean walked out to go find Lisa. A little while later Dean walked back in and they agreed to go after what was going after Dean.

"You going to help?" Sam questioned Nova as they all stood up.

She placed her hands on his shoulders as she shook her head, "As much as I'd like to, it's not my place. It's something you and Dean need to do without me."

"Okay. " Sam nods then they embrace each other in a hug.

A few seconds later Nova broke the hug and cupped her hands on the sides of Sam face, "Just stay safe out there." She then kissed him passionately.

"Of course." He said after they broke the kiss.

With that both Sam and Dean walked out, climbing into Sam's car and left the property. Nova took in a deep breath and let it out.

"You okay?" Bobby asked.

Nova looked over at him with a nod and a smile, "Of course, this is something they need to do together."

"I don't mean just about them two, I'm talking about with what's happened with you at home."

"Oh that?" She shrugs, "I'm okay as I can be. I can't let what happened to my mom bring me down. She wouldn't want that. Neither would my dad."

"They would want you to stay strong." Bobby told her and Nova agreed.

Just then Lisa and Ben walked in.

"How about I make everyone some food." Nova suggested.

After they agreed on something they'd all want to eat, and what Bobby had available, Nova started cooking food. To keep herself busy, Lisa asked if she could help and of course Nova told her she could help.

Pretty soon Dean came back to Bobby's to get Lisa and Ben. Nova had also stayed there the whole time so that Lisa wasn't outnumbered by guys even if one of them was only a kid.

Dean and Lisa was getting ready to leave but Nova pulled Dean to the side.

"Dean wait, so I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to be with Sam. Why didn't you?"

"I was going to, but I changed my mind." He shrugged one shoulder, "I'm rusty at it, hunting I mean, I almost got Sam and me killed on this last job because of me being out of it for a year. And I just figured he'd be better without me. Plus I rather be with Lisa and Ben, to keep them protected."

Nova nodded, "Understandable, well I'm happy you're not gonna abandon those two because of your brother. Those two adore you."

"I know." He smiled, "So what about you? You didn't go with them so that means you didn't get the hunters taste so not going to keep hunting?"

Nova shook her head a little, "Not really, I mean I'm not going to avoid it all together. I'm not going to jump into the field, I've been on the sidelines, help with any research or what not when I can."

"Good choice." Dean stated and Nova agreed.

"Well you better get out there to them. See you later Dean."

"See you later."

They gave each other hugs goodbye then Dean left.

~~~~

A few weeks later Dean called upon Nova's help. Dean and Lisa was moving to another neighborhood and so wanted to see if Nova would help which she gladly did.

"So um, I'm going to leave now. I think you guys can handle the unpacking." Nova smiled once they took all the stuff into the house.

"Okay, thanks for your help today." Dean told her.

"You're welcome, that's what friends are for. To help each other when needed."

With that Nova left the house.