Chapter 12

Nova's suspicion got worse about Sam when they were on a case about Vampires. They were at a bar named The Black Rose since that's where girls, who went missing, seem to agree to meet a guy at.

Nova seen Sam leave in a hurry so decided to follow him out. He rushed to the end of an alley but then stopped and stared, at first she couldn't tell what he was staring at then she noticed some guy standing in front of Dean and rubbing his wrist on Dean's mouth.

"What the fuck, Sam?!" Her eyes went wide.

As soon as Sam realized she was there was when he reacted.

"No!" He pulled out his knife as he ran forward.

Nova shook her head as she rushed over to Dean.

A little while later they got back to the hotel room but something was happening to Dean, like all his senses were stronger, so he took off. Nova turned and looked at Sam with a serious facial expression.

"What?"

"What happened to you out there Sam?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean outside of that club. I came up on you just staring at your brother being attacked by that guy. You didn't react at all until it was too late."

"Oh that, I, I don't know. I just kind of...froze, I was stunned and be time I snapped out of it, it was too late."

"But I've never seen you freeze like that. Usually you're pretty good at reacting quickly but here lately you haven't."

"Look I think I know why." He sighs, "There's something wrong with me Nova. Yes I should have reacted but for some reason I didn't because I can't feel anything."

She punched his arm "So you can't feel that?"

He scoffs then smirks, "Ow that's not what I meant. I meant internally I can't feel anything. There's something seriously wrong with me, but at the same time whatever it is has made me a better hunter because nothing scares me. Plus we need in that nest and Dean can handle it."

"So getting your brother nearly killed is the way to do it?" Nova scoffs.

Sam nodded then said, "There's a cure, Samuel knows the recipe so Dean won't stay that way for long Nova. We just got to get him and Dean here so that it can be made and given to Dean."

"You better hope it works. And you need to tell Dean this, he deserves to know Sam!"

"I know and I will when the timing is right."

"You better!" She says as she points at him.

Later that night once they got everything they needed Samuel made the cure which was a drink. Dean downed it then after a few seconds started throwing up a blue liquid into the trashcan.
Thankfully Dean was back to normal after all that.

~~

The next day Nova walked up on Dean as he hung up the phone.

"Hey."

"Hey." He quickly wiped his hand down his face.

Nova could tell something was wrong so she went and stood in front of him and made him look at her, "What's wrong? I can tell by the look on your face something is wrong."

"I...I think... Lisa just broke things off with me." He blinked back tears.

"Oh honey I'm so sorry."

She wrapped him into a hug, as he buried his face into the base of her neck, hugging her back she felt his body quiver.

"It'll be okay, you guys will get through this." She said softly as she rubbed his back.