Let This Be Our Lesson In Love (CHANLIX)

Start from the beginning

And he couldn't really handle that.

And he once again broke down in front of Minho.

He didn't even realize that he was crying; he remembered telling Chan that he won't be coming that night since he was going to have a night at Minho's and once, he saw the older dancer's face, he couldn't help but melt in his arms. The older brought him into his apartment, immediately crashing onto the nearest couch and wrapping his hands around the freckled boy. Felix remembered telling him in detail, now mentioning the parts where Chan and Jeongin were seeing each other behind his back.

To say Minho was mad would be an understatement, he was about to punch a bitch. He was even angrier than before.

"He even left to see Jeongin on your sixth anniversary? Felix, why are you still with him? He has been cheating on you for three fucking years."

"I-I don't know! I'm just afraid that he's going to leave and-and I can't live with that!"

"He's already gone! He's seeing someone- Jeongin for fuck's sake! I mean- how can you even face both of them even after knowing all of this?!"

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know! I'm sorry- I just...it hurts..."

"Lix...don't apologize, I'm sorry for raising my voice like that- I'm...you can't do this to yourself."

"I know...but what will I be?"

"What do you mean?"

"What will I be...when he leaves me? I know he will- I know once I confront him, he will leave me."

"Lix..."

"What if I became the person that I promised myself I wouldn't be?"

"..."

"Minho, I love Chan - so much that I'm afraid of what I will be when he leaves."

And that was true. He wasn't sure how he would deal with the older being gone but he knew it was going to be a big one. Chan was the first person that Felix ever truly loved and the freckled boy really believed that he would spend the rest of his life with him. The older picked him up when he was in pieces, showed him the things that seem so insignificant but really have a bigger impact. He showed him what love was really about.

But of course, Felix had to learn the bad side of love all by himself.

"Hyung, will I still have people with me? Will I still have Seungmin- or Hyunjin with me when the news breaks out to our friend group? Will you still be with me?"

He didn't know whether Chan would twist the story when they break up, he didn't know if the older would tell one part of the story to others and leave them to think that's really what happened. Chan wasn't someone like that, Felix knew that about him...but after everything, can he really believe that Chan was still that person who the freckled boy remembers as?

Even if that horrible possibility were to happen, he knew that in friend groups, people are always going to choose sides; and he was afraid that no one would be on his.

But Minho, God, Minho was so quick to reassure him.

"Felix, what are you saying? I would never, in a million years, leave you- especially not like this. I don't care how you will be, I don't care about the person you may become, I will still be with you, whether you like it or not. But- please! Please- stop doing this. How long are you going to sit there and watch him see someone else behind your back, huh?! How long are you going to endure everything?! While you're wasting your tears on him, he is having the best time of his life and that's not fair! I know it's not my place to say anything or even do shit but this can't go long. Can't you see? You're harming yourself by staying with him and I know that's not love! The more you stay, the more your heart cracks. I know you're afraid of being alone, I know you're afraid of how you will cope but Felix- I will be there every step of the way until you're better again. And I'm not just saying it because of the moment, I will be by your side, I promise of that."