Chapter 20

I descended down the stairs of mansion with Valeria following behind. Lyon was standing wearing a black tux which hugged his body like a second skin. Looking breathe taking. But why does this guy wears black only all the time? Not that I am complaining. I mean he looks hot in black. But still he should wear other colours too.

His eyes fell on me. And I saw that his lips parted and his gaze got struck on me. I came down and stood infront of him. He was still gazing at me.

"Boss. Cars are ready", Mateo said bringing him out of his trance.

"Umm ..yeah. Let's go", he said and turned around. He started walking and I followed  him. We walked till the main gate. There was a black tesla parked outside. He went and got into the driver's seat. I followed him and sat on the passenger seat.

He started driving. We drove through the estate. There were cottages, a few mansions, convenience stores around the estate. I also saw a hospital. There was also a mesmerising garden . After driving for almost 10 minutes we reached a huge iron gate. This estate is huge. I would probably get lost here.

As soon as he exited the gate four cars joined us. Two from front and two at the back. I panicked. What if we are surrounded by enemies?

Sensing me panic, Lyon said, "They are just security". I relaxed a bit. But why do we need this much security? Oh, did I forget I am with Lyonnello Romero, the person who runs the biggest organisation for organised crimes in Latin America. This makes me wonder what kind of people would be there in the event?

We were driving through woods for nearly half an hour. The place was like a maze. I would probably get lost if I try escaping someday, not that I would. There was complete silence in the car.

After driving a bit more, we reached a city. The city was beautiful with tall buildings all around. But also there were some beautiful architecture all around the city making me wonder where are we?

"This is mexico city", he said. Man. Are you kidding me? All this time I was in mexico. I also wanted to live here. It was my dream place. Now that I think from what I have heard, king's headquaters are in mexico. Why it did not hit me before?

After driving around the city for a while we reached a big and lavish hotel. There were reporters all around the entrance, making me nervous. I have never been infront of reporters ever since that time.

Flashback

"Miss Perez what do you have to say about yours fathers embezzelment", one of the reporters asked. I was at my brother's school to pick him up when I got to know about my father's death.

"Why did your father committed suicide miss?", another reporter asked. I hugged Aiden close to my body. We were surrounded by reporters. Aiden was crying and my mind blanked out with the questions thrown at me.

"Miss Perez. Do you think that your father was a coward?", another one asked. I didn't know what to say. I was feeling suffocated between them and there was no one to take me out of here.

"Miss Perez. Your family has gone bankrupt. It was one of the richest families in the country. What do you have to say in this?", another asked.

"We heard that your mansion is being auctioned. Where are you guys planning to live?", another one said. Just someone make them shut up. I don't know anything. My little brother was crying in my hold. Tears streamed down from my eyes also.

Present

"Hey. Are you okay?", Lyon asked finding me zoning out.

"Umm...yeah", I answered nervous.