Chapter 2

"That would be 30 dollars. Card or Cash?", the cashier girl said after calculating the cost of items.

"Card beauty", the customer said by handing her his card with a flirtatious smile on his lips.

The cashier girl took the card and after processing the payment handed it to the customer.

"Beauty are you free tonight?", the customer asked leaning on the counter. The girl had the charm that could make even a married man regret being married.  Getting flirted by random customers was no big deal for her.

"I would gladly dude but I am afraid, I have to accompany my girlfriend tonight", the girl said with an innocent smile on her face. The smile on the men's face vanished and he awkwardly backed away.

"Oh sorry. I will leave", the customer nervously said and existed. He must be thinking what a waste that such a goddess is a lesbian.

"Oh god Aurora. Did you really said that thing on another man", one of the sales girl of the super market said approaching her. "Oh lord! You should have seen his face" , the sales girl said laughing.

Aurora sighed. "You know it Claire. I don't like when someone flirts with me", she said.

"Look at youself girl. How can a straight man neglect a beauty like you?", Claire commented. Aurora didn't say anything to that. She knew she was beautiful. And there was a time when she used to be proud of her beautiful face. But now she hates her beauty.

"Why don't you date any guy? They would throw themselves on you", Claire said.

"I am not interested Claire", Aurora said.

"What a waste of beauty. Don't you think? Do you want me to set you up with a hot guy?",Claire asked.

"No. I am good. My shift is over. I would be leaving", Aurora said and left the counter to get changed from the super market t-shirt.

After some time she came out wearing a simple black tshirt with blue jeans and left the shop. It was already 7pm. So she decided to head straight towards her apartment.

She lived in a small studio apartment. She got inside the apartment building but got stopped by the landlady.

"Hey Girl. When will you pay your rent? It has been due since 3 months", the landlady asked.

"I am sorry ma'am. I will pay you as soon as possible", Aurora said.

"You better do it within a week or I will kick you out of here", the landlady said and went away.

Aurora sighed and climbed up till her apartment. How is she going to arrange that much amount in such a short time? She barely had enough to survive. She had no money to pay to the landlady. She will have nowhere to go if the landlady kicks her out. There was a lot on her plate. She didn't know what to do?

There was a time when she was treated as a princess. When she had nothing to worry about. A beautiful family. A mansion. Luxury cars and what not. But all of it got snatched away from her. It is said that you never realise what you have until it is taken away from you.

She entered her small apartment. There was nothing much in the apartment. A living room having a couch and tv. A small bedroom and beside it a bathroom. There was also a small kitchen on one side of the apartment. The whole apartment was smaller than the bedroom she had back in her mansion.

She went to the bathroom to shower and then wore her pajama and came out. She entered the kitchen to grab something to eat. She found some left over soup in the fridge and decided to heat it up.

She was waiting for the soup to heat up. But her phone started ringing. She picked up her phone and a small smile appeared on her face after seeing the caller id. She immediately picked it up.