Chapter 14

Aurora

"Look who decided to wake up from her beauty sleep", he said.

I saw him standing leaning on the door and gazing me with a smirk on his face. He was just in his trousers. I gazed at his face. Then my eyes went towards his toned abs and chest. How did he grow these muscles? Damn! I didn't realise I was checking him out.

"Checking out is not a good thing. Is is it Mrs Romero?", he asked making me come out of my trance. I blushed being embarrassed of his blunt comment. I turned my face away from him.

He went towards the round table. There was a bottle of alcohol kept there. He sat on the chair and poured himself the drink.

He was sipping on his drink while looking at me as if I was some sort of entertainment. I didn't look at him and stated fidgeting my fingers. None of us said anything. There was utter silence.

Suddenly I heard glass breaking. I turned towards him and found the glass he held was crushed under his grip. His jaws were clenched. He threw the glass pieces. His hands were covered in blood.  He took the bottle and chugged the whole bottle down.

He got up and started coming towards me. My heart was thumping inside my chest. I was scared and nervous. I didn't want to make it evident so I glared at him. He sat infront of me, leaving a few centimetres of distance between us. If he would come a little more close then I am afraid he would hear my irregular heart beats.

He brought his bloody hands to the side of my face and started trailing his fingers. The warm blood touched my skin making me flinch. He moved closer to my face. Our lips were just an inch apart.

"How does it feel to be Mrs Romero after rejecting me?", he asked calmly. His eyes were red, signalling that he was completely intoxicated. I became mute at his question. I don't know how to feel about it. On one side I am happy that I am finally with the love of my life and on the other hand I am sad that he hates me  and would forever do the same. The only reason he has married me is to take revenge for the humiliation he faced that day because of me.

"So Mrs Aurora Romero, how does it feel?", he asked again gritting his teeth. His hands started going inside my hair. He is again going to abuse me. I know. He is not Lyon anymore. He is a ruthless being, who knows nothing more than showing his dominance and power.

"I...", I said but before I could complete he gripped my hair tightly making me whimper. "You rejected me so harshly that day. You said that I am poor. I am ugly. Now look at me. I am the wealthiest person you will find  in Latin America", he shouted at my face. I flinched at his raised voice. He was gazing directly at my eyes.

"And now look at your fate. You are my wife. You despised me. What did you say that how dare I propose a beauty like you when I have nothing,right? Look at you Aurora. What do you have now? You are just a pathetic piece of shit who I brought from the streets. If I wouldn't have married you then you would have been on streets right now. Tell me if I am not right?",he asked. He was stinking of alcohol.

He is right. I was almost homeless. If I wouldn't have married him then I would probably be wandering on streets. I gazed down  embarrassed of myself. How could I say these words to the person I loved the most? And now look at me I am so pathetic. I was way too much proud of the things I had and now karma stabbed me. Though I didn't mean the things I said to him but I did meant those things at one point in the past. But that was my arrogance. And Lyon taught me materialistic things are nothing in life. What matters is the people and love we have in our life.

"You used me. Didn't you? Lyon do this assignment. Lyon help me in my studies. Was I a thing to you?", he spat. I am ashamed of the fact that I approached him with that motive only. What I didn't know was that he will get inside my heart.