73 | 'seven'

Nox

Three years ago...

the_real_yg: meet me after school.

the_real_yg: at the steps near the library.

I packed everything up in containers, starting from the tres leches to the sandwiches I had made this morning. Luckily, the lady from the cafeteria let me use their fridge to keep the sweet nice and fresh for when I see Yoongi later in the day. Usually, I see Yoongi during lunch period, but he never sits down to eat. I've spotted him a couple of times smoking a joint out in the field or talking with other people I didn't think they even went to our school. The people I've seen Yoongi surround himself with are usually older, rough, hard looking, and rugged which makes sense because he's very mature for his age and seems to have seen and heard a lot of things.

I'm currently sitting on a lunch table with Elijah, Cam and Madison and they're talking about going clubbing tonight, but I don't partake in the conversation. I'm busy with practice and my studies either way and now that Yoongi isn't going to tutor me anymore, I need to get my shit straight. Elijah is holding my hand under the table and keeps me close to him, the very act of him caressing my leg gives me assurance that he wants to make me feel included.

"I get off work at nine, so how about we head over there around ten?" Elijah suggests.

"We should go around midnight." Madison says. "No one goes to the fucking club at ten. Besides, I need time to get ready."

"Who are we dressing for?" Cam picks at her.

"No one."

"Oh, come on Mads. Everyone in this table knows you dress to impress."

But Madison refuses to cave into his mockery. "What if I dress to impress you?" She throws and he barks out a laugh.

"Not interested."

I'm zoning out as the conversation progresses and my vision blurs as I get lost deeper into thought, until I notice something piercing from the corner of my eye. I turn around only to see Yoongi in his usual black windbreaker and black ripped jeans and overworn Converses walking towards the exit.

He leaves his tray on one of the shelves and I find myself getting up from my seat and excusing myself. Elijah's hand falls off my lap and he looks at me dumbfounded, but I don't say anything to him or his friends. I didn't know Yoongi was here and honestly, I'd rather hang out with him than listen to Cam and Madison bicker.

I make my way to one of the cooks and ask her to give me the lunches I made, and she hands me the containers with a smile, so I take them and leave the cafeteria after thanking her. Much to my luck, Yoongi hasn't gone far; he walks rather slow-paced if I'm being honest. He always takes his sweet time doing things. Like smoking a cigarette or reading a book. It makes me wonder if he takes his sweet time like that when he's alone with a girl.

I shake my head at the thought.

What's wrong with me?

I'm thinking of surprising him, by ambushing him randomly wherever he goes, because of all the times he has ambushed me in the hallway and never spoke to me afterwards. I've noticed he never talks to me in the hallways at school, nor at lunch.

Yoongi barely ever looks at me when we're in school and the only time he talks to me is when we're at the library during our tutoring sessions. And in texts, I'm the one who always texts him first. Sometimes, he'd stop by the field during practice, and he'd watch me from under the bleachers. He never sits in plain sight. The other girls never saw him, but I have and I'm starting to think that he doesn't know that I've seen him. He is discreet after all.