Episode 10 - Not Part of the Plan

Start from the beginning

Wait a minute . . . more grow in it's place! I hope one of the boys is smart enough to notice this.

Cole attacks with an icicle and Morro parries his every move. After we disarm him, I get a peek at the sword, which means so does Morro. The refection shows a future Jay hurling an icicle at us. Morro turns out of the way just as in time and it goes flying past my ear.

With a shout of defiance, Jay charges and Morro jumps out of the way. But we both slip on the ice and slide a little past our targets. Once our balance is regained, Morro swings at Jay, who blocks his attacks. Jay slides to the ground and Morro takes a stab at him. Jay is able to roll away just in time and jump back to his feet. Then Morro chops the icicles he was using as weapons in half.

Zane appears to save the day, attacking me with his own icicle. Morro knocks him away, forcing him against a clump of ice, but Zane is smart and parries those attacks with tactful blows of his own. He knocks me back and gets back up, then we go blow for blow until Morro knocks him down again.

Cole comes to the rescue, blocking Morro's stab at Zane. Then all three are attacking at once. Honestly, Morro's movements are making me tired.

No.

I have to stay strong. If my plan is going to work, I need to remain strong enough to regain control at will. I just gotta hold on a little longer.

Morro uses his wind to blow the three boys away from us, almost knocking them into Kai, who has just arrived to the scene wearing a smirk.

"C'mon! Catch me if you can," he taunts, walking up between two clumps of icicles. Morro charges forward and swings at Kai, who jumps out of the way last second, causing us to break the icicles. More grow in their place, surrounding me.

Good job, Kai!

"No! You can't trap me!" Morro screams, breaking more icicles, trapping us further. "I'll find you, Ninja! Just wait, you'll see."

"Quick, how do we get out of here?" Jay says as they walk further away. But not far enough. We can still hear and see them.

"'To move forward, don't look ahead,'" Cole says as if he's reciting some sort of text.

Jay drops to his knees, rubbing a hand across the ice. "Don't look ahead, look below!"

"There's light," exclaims Kai. "Everyone, dig!"

And then they dig until the hole is big enough for them to fall through.

"Thanks, Ninja," Morro mumbles. His smirk feels unnatural stretching across my lips.

Shit.

Morro lifts my hands in the air, summoning Lloyd's still-floating body from it's hiding place over to us.  He guides him right over the gap in the non-existent ceiling of our little cage, then drops him. Lloyd's barely beginning to regain consciousness when Morro starts to dig. We drop through the hole just in time to see Zane pick up the Realm Crystal.

"How does it work," Kai wonders aloud.

"How it works is you'll hand over the Crystal or say goodbye to your friend."

All four of them whip around to face us. Morro is holding Lloyd by his neck and forcing him to the edge of the cliff. If he lets go, my brother will drop to the river below where he will likely drown.

"I'm sorry," Lloyd pants. "I couldn't stop him."

"So what'll it be?"

The boys turn towards each other, whispering urgently to try and figure it out. Then Kai takes the Crystal from Zane and glances up at me.