72 | change can be amazing

Mulai dari awal

"Come on Jungkook," I say. "Be serious."

"When have we ever been serious?" He arches a brow as he extends his hand over on my side resting on my knee. "I've missed you Nox while I was away. Missed how good you feel." When I feel his fingers climb higher up my leg, I immediately push it away. Jungkook looks at me bewildered, a noticeable frown covering his features. I clear my throat and smile thinly as I turn to face him.

"About that," I say. "We can't do this anymore."

Jungkook scrutinizes me from head to toe, his gaze stopping dead straight into mine. "Okay," he replies swiftly and gets off the couch. It's my turn to stare at him bewildered.

I met Jungkook for the first time at a bar downtown, a few months after I ended things with Elijah. We made a pact and basically became fuck buddies, and he has been my destress outlet ever since. Whenever I called him, he always answered and complied, and I did the same. We both had problems of our own and we desperately needed a safe place where we could both freely unleash our inner demons and let them rage, take, bite and consume without having to worry ourselves about exploiting anyone.

Part of me is extremely glad, I don't have to feed this side of mine that constantly relied on solving problems and releasing tension by getting physical; yet another much smaller part of me is sad to leave him behind, because he won't have anyone to do this with any longer. Of course, he can always just fuck someone new, but they won't know all the shit he has gone through. He's only talked about his ugly past with me and that's the whole reason why we made our pact in the first place. Jungkook was the first person I had sex with after I ended things with Elijah. After everything he did to me, Jungkook was the first man I had put my trust into.

We had agreed to have sex with each other whenever we felt like it, like for example when I was angry at Jimin that day at Sam's place. It didn't matter whether we were aggravated, sad, moody or happy or if we were simply horny. We covered each other's needs perfectly. We could have sex with other people if we wanted to, but we had to use protection; I never had sex with anyone else other than him and knowing Jungkook, he probably got intimate with other girls while he was away on shoots. We also agreed that we could stop this whenever we wanted, regardless of the reason and I went along with it.

"Okay?" I echo dumbfounded.

"Yeah, what did you expect me to say?" He inquires as he takes out a bottle of water from the fridge. "We agreed to stop sometime."

"I just didn't expect you to be so cool about it." I clarify.

"What do you want me to do? Throw a fit?"

"No!" I laugh. "It's nice that you're going with it though."

He takes out a Coke from the fridge and walks back to the couch as he places the soft drink on the coffee table in front of me. "Sorry, it's all I have to offer you. That and..." he pulls a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, handing me a blunt. "Can I ask why you want to stop all of a sudden?" He asks me when he gives me a lighter.

"Well...I kind of have a boyfriend now." I mutter, trying my best to contain the grin on my face. I place the cigarette between my lips and raise the lighter to light the tip when Jungkook looks at me wide eyed as I inhale.

"Holy shit, really?" He says gleefully. "If you're that determined to stop fucking me, he must be a big fuckin deal." I elbow him playfully and laugh, blowing out excess smoke. "Seriously though, who is the dude? Do I know him?"

"I might have mentioned him to you before." I say biting my lip, then shake off the ashes from my cigarette on the ashtray.

"Oh yeah?" He pipes.