Dinner On Me: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Sure is."

"Wow." Before I know it the piece of quesadilla in her hand is gone. Leaning back in her chair she sighs drink in hand while holding her stomach. "If I knew I was going to eat so much I would've worn stretchier pants."

"You did leave some sweats here. They're up in my room." She dismisses herself from the table and heads out the door. I decide to clean up a bit. I put everything we picked in in the fridge and anything left untouched I offered to the nearest guards. I wipe down the table before sitting back down enjoying the drink she made me.

Several minutes go by and she returns in her sweats with a peculiar smile on her lips. She returns to her seat and takes a long sip from the glass.

"What does that face mean?"

"It appears I am not the only company you've had today."

"What makes you say that?" I ask with furrowed brows.

"She left you a... gift on your doorknob. I saw it when I closed the door behind me." I rack my brain trying to figure out what she means when the image appears. Jewel's lace thong hanging from the doorknob. I kick myself for not remembering to move that. She smirks as my face confirms that we're on the same page. After another long sip her drink is gone.

"I'm so sorry."

"Do you normally keep trophies from your rendezvous?" By now she's behind me. The opening and closing of the fridge tells me she's making another drink.

"I- no."

"So, she was special?"

"N-no." Back in her seat she crosses her legs as she sips.

"Don't act so shy. I know she wasn't." She snickers from behind her glass and I can't help but feel cornered.

"So you've never had anyone over before I came over?" She scoffs.

"I've had Andre over within minutes of you showing up but he didn't leave any evidence."

"I thought you rejected him."

"I did. Doesn't mean he's never come over. I invited him over for drinks and we just talked a little."

"You like him?"

"Eh, not my type. I just asked him where he got his bass and how much it cost. He's a little too calm for me. Very sweet. Pretty attractive too but much to nonchalant."

"Okay, what about Miko? He's not nonchalant."

"If I told Miko to lick the bottom of my shoe he'd ask me which one. I need a man who will stand his own against me."

"You don't think either of them could?" She shakes her head.

"I'm a big presence when I want to be. I need someone who's star shines just as bright. I'm short but I am a lot of woman and I need a lot of man. The type of man that isn't threatened or overshadowed by my independence. Someone to keep me in line but let me walk my own path."

"And walk the path with you." For the first time in a while she looks up from her glass. She looks at me as if trying to ask a question with her eyes. They're glowing that soft shade of amber again. Her eyes are low from drinking making her gaze sultrier than usual. Or maybe I'm just imagining that.

My cup is empty now. She gets up and takes it from my hands before taking it to the counter. I follow her and rest my head on her shoulder. She turns her head to look at me but decides not to ask why I'm here. Honestly I couldn't tell her if she asked. I just wanted to be closer to her. She tops off her own glass before we make our way back to the table. I sit down and she turns to head to her seat. In a split second, I reach for her hand and pull her into my lap. She stumbles a little as she sits but she quickly finds her balance. She drapes her arm around my shoulder and rests her head on top of mine. She lifts her head to take a sip then, places the glass on the table.