56

Elianna Grace

After three knocks on the door is when I start hearing heavy footsteps becoming louder and louder from behind the door.

"One second." The groggy voice said as the door swung open.

Oliver stood there in a white t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants. His face was all cut up and he had multiple bandages on both of his arms. He slightly limped on opening towards the door, indicating he hurt his leg as well.

"What are you doing here?" He looks at me in confusion.

"We need to talk Oliver." I look at him.

"Come in." He says as he opens the door a little more shuffling to the side to let me inside.

"Do you want something to drink? Coffee? Water?" He asks as he limps towards his kitchen.

Oliver lived in an apartment complex but the ones specially designed for police officers. His house was huge and was filled with golden lights which illuminated the whole place. He had a small balcony which was at the end of the hallway. The door was open letting the breeze inside.

"I'm good." I nod.

"Sit." He says guiding me towards the sam balcony I eyed a while back.

As we sat one the platform I turned towards Oliver painting a firm look while I ask him.

"What you did was wrong." I look at him firmly.

Silence.

"You know don't you?" I look at him.

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"You know what I'm asking Oliver. You always knew din't you?" I murmur as he stared at me with pure shock.

"I- what?" He asks again.

"You always knew he was your brother din't you?" I repeat making myself more clear.

He stares into my eyes in pure shock but confusion as well.

"How did you-" I cut him off.

"Today you din't fight back to protect yourself. You fought back because you were hurt. You purposely bring his father in every conversation knowing how much it would hurt him because you want him to feel the same pain you felt your whole life because of that man din't you? You continuously hurt harry so that you put him through the same pain you went through don't you?" I look at him.

Silence.

He looks down as he plays with his fingers unable to say anything.

"You fight with him out of revenge." I repeat.

"You're right." He meets my eyes.

"I found out the day I became a detective Elianna." He finally speaks. "I-uh- he would come over to my house when shit was bad at his house. He would treat my mother good one second and then the next second he'd be hitting her and cursing her out. My mother loved him so much but she was so tired. She killed herself one day after she couldn't take it anymore." He says as I notice his eyes turn red and a tear streams down his face.

"How can I not fucking hate that man. My fucking dad! I hate him!" He raises his voice.

"I understand trust me I do and I'm sorry for everything you went through but tell me one thing, how is that harry's fault?"

Silence.

"Isn't it tho?' He looks at me in guilt desperate for an answer.

"He's his son!" He yells