51. Navigations

The rest of the day went by Jake still locked in his room for his 'alone time'

Bella respected that, because maybe he needed it. But she couldn't stop worrying about him. So, she stood by the door or in the other till Sally comes back home.

It was late in the afternoon when her mother called.

"Mom, I am still at his house. Don't worry about me. I will be back when Jake feels better."

Bella bobs her head to everything her mom said, not getting too attached and putting herself first.

Bella was glad her mother didn't ask what happened in there or what was taking her so long. She just let her be and for that Bella was thankful.

A few hours ago, she had suggested Jake to take a nap. And maybe he did oblige to the request. For the time being, she busies herself with her phone.

It's almost evening when Jake decides to sneak through his door. He wonders if Bella is still there. He hoped for her to be there, it is very selfish for him to think so, but for her he would always be selfish.

There's no one else who he could trust with himself more than her.

Even though his day went the worst way possible, when he moves out and towards the living room, he realises that Bella was still there. And suddenly the day starts getting better.

All he did in that room was crying for a bit and then sleeping because his head was throbbing in pain.

Bella catches him slipping away from the door, she sat right on the way to the main door. Legs crossed and a brow arched upwards. As if she already predicted this to happen, she tilts her neck, "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be in your room right now?"

He could almost sense the sarcasm dripping in her voice.

The way she looks at him, with questioning eyebrows and lips pursed into a thin line, fingers idly rested on the phone screen, makes him scoff, and he snaps back at her, "I can ask you the same thing."

Bella tapers her eyelids and scans him, her gaze darts on the bike keys in Jake's hands. She replies, "You have to answer it first." A smile plays on her lips.
Jake rolls his eyes at the remark and shakes his head. He walks straight through door, Bella trails behind him.

Okay so we are going to pretend nothing happened? Good.

He reaches the place where his bike is parked and then turns his neck to see Bella, her hands in the jeans pocket and an innocent look on her face.

"Can you stop following me?" Jake requests her, it is the exactly opposite of what he wanted. He didn't want to hurt her more than he did.

Bella shrugs her shoulder as if that's impossible for her to do at the moment. "Pretend that I am just a shadow. I am not even here, treat me like a hallucination."