31. Views

"Maybe you don’t need someone to catch you if you fall if they were holding on to you

"Maybe you don’t need someone to catch you if you fall if they were holding on to you. I will be always holding your hand if you want to…” Jay expresses and pauses to look at Bella.

She furrows her brows and tapers her eyes to see if he was teasing her.

He realises what he just uttered and casually shrugs, trying to cover it up, “I am your friend after all.” Yes, just a friend.

“Of course, I know how not to fall now.” Bella tells Jay, a light smile is shared among them.

“So… were you ever friends with Jake?” Bella manages to slide the topic into the main track.

Jay gets surprised by this sudden question.

“We were almost close to become somewhere near friends, because he never trusted me before and when we were about to be put our past aside and finally become friends, but he destroyed that. Maybe we could be friends in another world but not in this world. Never.” Jay reveals, a frown makes its way onto his face and he inhales sharply to avoid getting worked up on it.

Bella quietly listens to everything, she couldn’t swallow the facts, she wants to know what actually happened with them. But she knew Jake enough to know that it was not entirely one person’s fault.

“Jay I really don’t know what happened between you two, but I know for a fact that Jake isn’t as bad as you think. If you try to look at him with a different view, maybe you can understand him a little bit. I know him…” Bella tries to state her mind but Jay cuts her off.

“Bella seriously? After all that he did to you, you’re still taking his side? You don’t even know what happened. When will you realise that, he does not deserve you? That you should stay away from that jerk.” Jay yells at her, he totally looks like he had lost his cool at this point.

What he could not understand was how much Bella still cared for him and loved him after everything he did to her. Leaving him with no choice but to yell out how much he loathed Jake.

Bella is taken aback. She had never witnessed Jay being this angry, not after the ‘bathroom incident’ at least. She knew for a fact that Jay didn’t like Jake. She realises now that he hated Jake’s guts but for what?

“Look Jay, I totally respect your opinions but I disagree on it, because you can’t decide for me and I really don’t like how you address Jake. I know he’s being ignorant these days, but I assure you that he isn’t always like that.”

At first, Jay did not want to reveal the reason he grew to hate Jake or why Sunghoon actually left but now he thinks that it is the right time to tell her about it.

“I think I’d have to talk about what truly happened 3 years ago for you to be able to believe me and thag might as well change your views.” Jay discloses and Bella decides to speak only when he would be done with it.

They take a seat back on the bench and Jay narrates her the story.

Flashback.

Jay was still in contact with his fellow gang members, he had a job after all. To protect Sunghoon.

He wasn’t ready to face the backlash that would follow right after he leaves the gang. He couldn’t completely stick to one thing.

Yes, he had troubles facing the bad situations and he wanted to enjoy the good things he was blessed with for now till they lasted.

Playing in the park with Sunghoon was what he looked forward to everyday he woke up, it felt good to have one genuine friend in his life.

Sunghoon and Jake were best friends at that time, rather soulmates, they used to stick together almost every other day. But Jake didn’t trust Jay and he avoided Jay almost every time Sunghoon was with Jay.

And Jay would be lying if he said it did not affect him. He envied their friendship, how much they cared about each other, how much love they had for each other.

It hurt to be looked at in a different way, like a villain.

Jay wanted to befriend Jake because Jay realised that there were many things Jay didn’t notice in him before. He also wanted to meet Bella someday.

Sunghoon used to talk mostly about Jake and Bella, so much that Jay knew almost everything about them.

From where Bella put her candies to what Jake would do everything to steal them just to tease her. Jay wanted to be friends with them and feel those things for real rather than being told about them by Sunghoon.

He enjoyed listening about their tales though, he liked seeing Sunghoon happily talking about his favourite things, that included Jake and Bella. But he wished he could talk about it to someone too.

Sunghoon might seem like a quiet person for almost every outsider. But he could get really chaotic if you were his close friend or someone important. And Jay could proudly say that he was one of them.

Jay was determined that he would make it up to Jake someday and they would be friends for real one time. He felt bad for Jake when he saw the members bullying Jake for going against them and rejecting their offers.

That thought changed one day when Jake came up with a strange request for the leader of the gang— David.

Jay recalled that day, the day everything turned upside down.

[A/N]

A cliffhanger again? *-*

I won't keep you waiting thou :)

I am busy these days and I don't really feel much like writing. I don't know why.
But I don't want to give up on this book...

I hope you're enjoying it, because that's what keeps me going. ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง

Vote and comment if you liked thus chapter ;)

Smile for me ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ☆
I'll assume you just flashed a beautiful smile at the screen
° ͜ʖ ͡ – ✧

Love ya <333

Bye!