42. Surprises

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

“BE MY DATE…”

Bella reminds herself to breathe. And when her nerves finally send the signal to her brain, she blinks rapidly to make sure it isn’t an illusion.

Jake immediately changes the sheet and drops the first one down, the next one says, “For the Fest?”

She starts breathing normally, now she was stuck in a web.

He drops the other sheet down and stretched his arm wide, an open signal for a hug which is quite inviting, she couldn’t say no to a hug, can she? But the initial question was quite dubious.

Perplexed by the screams she looks behind. The crowd anticipates for her response. Some already start applauding.

Eva stood right behind her, gives her a thumbs up and a proud grin. She takes Bella’s back pack and pushes her forward.

Bella nervously makes her way through the books and towards Jake, who now had a pout on his face because of stretching his arms for too long. “Come here fast, my hands are getting heavy.”

She stood in front of him tensely, unable to look into his eyes and anxious to move a muscle.

He straightaway engulfs her into his arms, without questioning or saying anything else, there wasn’t a need to.

This wasn’t a proposal of something big even though it looked like one.

Jake was sure of Bella’s answer. As a matter of fact, that he would be her first priority, no matter what. And after this extravagant way of asking her out made him feel a little too much confident in himself.

He had spent the night thinking on the best possible way to make it up to her.

The fest date idea came spontaneously to his mind and there wasn’t any better chance than this to spend time with her which he oh, so dearly missed.

How to ask her out was a big question and like any other normal human he searched for the answer on google. ‘The best ways to ask out on the prom’, but all the searches seemed a little too much or a little too little.

So, he thought on what she liked the most, and of course the ultimate answer for it was books.

The only place where books could be found was the library hence the idea. Seems silly though.

It was tough to ask for permission to the old, grudgy librarian, but Jake’s charms showed their magic and he got the permission in no time.

Coming to the school early is worth seeing the sight in front of him.

Bella’s mind is as messed up as if a hurricane just went through it, she finds the surrounding voice smudging while she is in his arms, the familiar scent of lilac perfume soothes her.