16. Preparations

The next morning Bella and Eva were arriving at the school while discussing the upcoming fest on the account of 25th anniversary of their high school

Bella hadn't talked to Jake since yesterday, nor did he try to reach her.

"It's two weeks later, right?" Bella asks Eva. And Eva nods enthusiastically.

The decorations and banners were already ready. The school is buzzing with students and teachers chatting elatedly.

"I am very excited... Bella, there are going to be performances and a lot more." Eva speaks, half dancing in joy just at the thought of it.

Bella sighs and nods her head, the events of yesterday keep playing in her mind and she loses her focus in reality.

Eva shakes her by her shoulders and wakes Bella from her trance. And closes the distance between their faces to get Bella's undivided attention.

So close that their nose almost touches.

Bella blinks at her, "What do you think you're doing girl?" Eva pulls back and then pouts, "Focus on me, baby! Your girlfriend wants your attention."

Bella giggles at her silliness and says, "You have it, tell me wifey!"

"We are supposed to take a date on the fest..." Eva discloses and then asks, "Who are you planning to go with?"

Bella purses her lips and think for a second, "No idea, what about you?" Eva sighs and says, "Same here, but if both of us don't get any partner then let's go together?"

"Deal!" Bella exclaims amused. Everyone needs an Eva in their lives.

"Who do you think Jake will be taking with him?" Bella bits her lip nervously just at the thought of witnessing him out with some girl.

"Isn't that obvious? Geez girl! You need to stop thinking about- Is that Jake?" Eva begins to comfort Bella but sees Jake entering and widens her eyes.

"What he is here?" Bella widens her eyes in panic and quickly turns her head; she saw Jake and Mia coming in her direction.

Mia looks upset and furious at him and he was there behind her like a dog at her heels. And Bella pities him in that condition.

"Girl! Mia looks furious she is staring at you..." Eva whispers in Bella's ears.

While they both avoid looking at them and Bella gets the signal to not continue gazing in their direction.

"Wait, Jake is right behind you..." Eva continues to mumble under breath and then when she locks eyes with Jake she scratches her hair, looking away from him.

Bella gulps when she hears his deep voice right behind her ear, "Bella... were you guys talking about me?"

She finally spins around and sees Jake leaning right in front of her face, giving her the sweetest smile. And her heart skips a beat. Why are people today getting so close to my face?

"Uh... hi Jake. We were just um-" She stutters, seeking help from Eva by tapping her hand on Eva's shoulder. While Eva just shrugs and give her I-am-out-of-this look.

And that's when she thinks that maybe not everyone needs an Eva in their life.

"Are we going to continue talking here? Let's go inside!" Jake says and snakes a hand around Bella's shoulder.

Bella sandwiches between Jake sweet gestures and Mia's death stares and mutters, "What about Mia?"

"Leave her, let's go back."

[A/N]

And folks the drama begins!!!

Let's see what happens now shall we? ;)

Vote and comment if you like it!!

Love ya <33333