24. Broken

Bella begins to mould her mixed up feelings into words and imparts, "It's not what you think it is

Bella begins to mould her mixed up feelings into words and imparts, "It's not what you think it is."

She never thought she would have to use this sentence, when she herself never believed when people said the same to her, because it is meant to mean the opposite.

But now when she got caught in between, she couldn't explain to Jake, that the one she loved was no other than him, and after knowing her for all these years, he didn't actually know her after all or he just tried to ignore what he knew.

Jay says in all seriousness, "Yes, I am her boyfriend. What are you going to do about that?" a sly smile played on his lips at the end.

That made Jake more furious than he already was, he looks at Bella who is equally shocked by the impact.

Bella feels the floor slip away under her feet, and her jaw drops in horror, what did he just say? She quickly tries to rectify it, "No Jake that's not it-"

"Why are you trying to hide it, Bella? we should let your best friend know about it... right?" Jay reveals, trying his best not to show his smirk and how much he liked to see the look on Jake's face.

She shakes her head and Jay winks at her. She knows that Jay isn't serious and was only trying to help her out. But she could have handled it by herself, there was no reason to lie. Or so she thought, maybe she just wasn't aware of that reason.

Jake couldn't get a hold on his feelings- he does not understand why it would hurt so much, hurt to see Bella with someone else. And that someone being the one he told her to stay away from her, the one he hated so much.

So, good girls do fall in love with bad boys, and out of all the good girls in the world, he did not expect it to be Bella.

Jake was under pressure of so many feelings that he couldn't control his words anymore. Even if he knew they would hurt Bella more than she already was.

"So, if that's all it was. If you're good giving in, giving up, I hope you feel better now. And if that's what you want, if you don't want to see me at all now. You better know that it's me or him. No in between. Goodbye Bella. Goodluck with him!" Jake expresses, his voice low and gloomy.

It was his excuse, to go away from her life.

He walks back on the way he entered the house and slams the door shut behind him.

Making goosebumps creep over her skin, she was begging in her core for him to stop and glance back at her. Knowing it was impossible after all.

That finalised the purpose of her racing tears.

She could no longer hold the heartbreak and fell on the floor in a dishevelled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

It took a few minutes to break a bond they build for years.

Jay immediately rushes to her in order to calm her down, trying to hold her but she shifted far from him. He saw a heart-breaking expression in her eyes and he wished he could take back the things he said, for her.

To not let her break down, but the deed was done and there was no going back.

"I love him Jay, so much. I tried so hard to keep the only beautiful relation I had with him, our friendship. It broke down, he left me. The thing I feared the most. He just left me like that. Was that what I meant to him? Nothing?" Bella mutters in between her sobs.

She mumbled incoherent things, wiping her tears with her hands and chocked on her sobs. Jay sniffled quietly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

Bella let him hug her, he tightened the grip around her and made her stand up. She stumbled and he clasped her.

Jay lays Bella's head on his chest and pats on it, cooing, "He might not mean it Bella. You know him better than himself, don't you?"
He feels Bella slightly nodding her head and sniffling.

He wanted to say that, he didn't deserve you, that you deserve someone better, your wait is worthless. You should move on. But he couldn't say anything. He wants her wound to close rather than widening it up.

She needed support for a while and Jay was ready to be it. Even if he knew she would go back to Jake someday. Even if for a moment she was with him, it was enough. More than enough.

When did it escalate this fast? When did she started to mean so much to him... Jay couldn't answer it or could he?

After calming her down, Jay made her look up to him, "Now, let me show you a place. You'll feel better."

[A/N]

Okay, I am so damn dissatisfied with this chapter. I feel like I couldn't fully express their feelings.

But if you're still sticking around, thank you!

Love y'all <33

See ya!