38. Confrontations

Tonight, is Jay's night

Tonight, is Jay's night. Calling Jake his brother-in-law was a slip of tongue, but imagining Jake as his brother-in-law would be hilarious.

He continues to piss Jake, babbling, "Brother-in-law? Or should I call you bro now?"

"You have absolutely no right to call me that. I swear if I hear that ever again, I will not hesitate to beat the shit out of you." Jake grits his teeth in anger, and gets ready with balled fists to punch Jay if he says the B word again.

"I am just kidding. I would never like to have any kind of relation with you." Jay declares as he steps out of the doormat.

"We are not close enough to be kidding. But for once I completely agree with you." Jake states, and then moves out on his way home while Jay choses to glance one last look at the house and then strides forward.

Clara opens the door, she eventually failed to bring Bella out of her room. So, she decides to bid a goodbye to Jay.

"Jay! Wait a minute!" She yells from the door as she sees him leaving.

The called boy turns around and walks towards Clara. Jake halts from the voice and jogs back to Jay's former place.

She purses her lips vaguely and imparts, "I apologize for my behaviour, basically, for indulging in your matters. But I..."

"No don't apologize, I can understand that you truly care about Bella."

Clara sighs in relief and her face lifts up, "You're a sensible boy. You're the right one for my Bella." She was spewing her own threads of fantasy, seeing her daughter and this sensible boy together.

That makes Jay enlarge his eyes slightly, he bits his lips and looks down to hide his rosy cheeks.

Jake hears the conversation and it rages him, he tries to clarify the doubts, "Clara, they aren't exactly like actually, truly t-o-g-e-t-h-e-r."

"I admit he is right. We aren't dating. We are only friends for now." Jay utters, his voice is low as he looks down.

"You aren't d-dating?" Jake gasps enthusiastically and then clears his throat, normalising his voice, "See I told you."

Clara ignores Jake's words and looks at Jay, "You are friends for now, right? There's still hope, I believe the passionate hug you initiated with Bella said otherwise. And if you actually like my Bella then I'll be rooting for you Jay!"

Jay couldn't believe his ears; he immediately looks up at Clara and smiles widely. Bobbing his head promptly, agreeing to her.

Jealousy would be an understatement for Jake's current feelings.

"Jake walk with him till the front yard. I will see you soon Jay." She winks and then closes the door behind her.

Jake's jaw drops wide open, trying to comprehend the information.