12. Ignored

"Are you even listening?" Mia snaps back at him, she was clearly furious at him by this point

Jake recognizes it, and he immediately apologies, "I am sorry, I was just thinking about something."

Mia doesn't buy it, she keeps on pestering him about it, "What is more important than me?"

Jake was now in a tough situation, not even his charms seem to affect her at the moment and he carefully decided to explain her, "Nothing just-"

That's when their order arrived at their table and Jake breathed in relief, he could now divert the topic smoothly. Nice save he thought to himself.

Jay enlarged his eyes at the sudden revelation, "What Jake is here? Where?" he had seen him before, but he had tried to completely ignore his existence and intentionally chose to take a seat far away from him.

Bella took a deep breath and said, "Behind me, in that corner." She titled her head in order to make Jay see him.

Jay reluctantly took a look at him and anxiously asked, "Do you want to leave?"

Bella purses her lips and replies, "No! why should I? looks like he is having a great time, so I'll have my time too. I'll ignore him for now. I don't think he even cares about it." Jay gave a thumbs up to cheer her.

She was trying really hard to not look behind. This conversation got awkward and she thinks that it would've been better if she left when Jay asked her too. Is it too late to go now?

That's when the lattes arrived and now, there was no going back.

She takes a glass and starts sipping on the straw, inside she is thinking of what to say to Jay, so that this could somehow become less awkward for her.

Jay decided to start a conversation while playing with his straw, "I heard you write?" he raises an eyebrow in Bella's direction.

"I do. It's more of a hobby for now, but I'd like to pursue a career in it. For now, I am just a content writer while Jake is the editor. We have a YT channel." Bella chirps. She finally got a topic she could talk with him for hours.

Jay was amusedly listening to her, until she came on the Jake part. That just made him question, why is everything related to Jake? He just nods and fakes his enthusiasm, "Oh is it now? I love to read. I would prefer to read than watch, anything any day."

He sips his drink peacefully and that's when Bella exclaims making him flinches, "Same here, I used to love reading and wasn't a fan of watching movies when I was a kid, but then because of Jake I started watching and it turned out to be fun... you should try that!"

Jay sighs and bobs his head ineptly, "Maybe..." inside he was almost scoffing, again Jake? Is there anything that is not related to him?

That's when he decided to ask more about her and not him.

[A/N]

;) one more coming right up!

I love you guys <3