10. The Café meet

Bella mentally curses herself, how did she forgot to inform him about the café? He wasn't Eva or Jake would know that she usually went to the study café

She is surely a dumbass, after cursing herself few more times, she strides out of the café and gets on the bus, which luckily is just in time.

"I'll reach there in few minutes," and before Jay could say anything else she hung up.

She is already embarrassed by all this, but soon her mind drives to Jake, what is he doing right now?

She doesn't even notice her surrounding all that she thinks about it him, he must be having fun with Mia. 'No Bella get a hold on yourself, and move on. Don't think about him' she mentally repeats in her mind.

Bella gets off the bus and crosses the road to reach her destination, the backdoor being the nearest gateway she strides inside and searches for Jay.

She had never been here before; it was supposedly place for 'cool and popular' people.

She looked around and there were couples seated everywhere, maybe that's how the cool kids work here.

Soon she sees Jay waving his hands at her, with a smile plastered on his face.

A smile that could melt anyone who sees it and Bella was no different, the nervousness got the best of her and she stumbled while walking adding another embarrassing moment for the day.

She steadied herself by grabbing a table and saving her from the fall, Jay rushed to her rescue and showed her the table he reserved for them.

Bella felt heat creeping up her cheeks, Jay was looking so handsome, she had always seen him in the school uniform but damn he looked hot in that black jacket and ripped jeans.

They sat on the table and to start a conversation she said, "It's my first time at this café, is this a couple's café because all I see are couples." She gave an awkward chuckle at the end.

Jay joined in, "I haven't been here a lot but the I heard the latte her tastes really good." Bella just nodded her head in union and sounded excited, "Really? I should have it then; it's been so long since I had a latte."

Jay gave a confused look, "Do you not go to the café daily?"

"I do but Jake doesn't really like coffee or lattes, we usually have a milkshake. He looks like a tough guy but he is a real softie inside." Bella giggles as she admits it, a slight gloominess surrounds her.

Jay gets irked at the mention of Jake but he distracts the topic, "I have already ordered for us, would you like anything else?"

Bella shakes her head resembling a no, "You're really punctual, sorry for making you wait. I-" and she tries to apologize but Jay cuts her off, "It's fine, it was partially my fault too. It's better than coming alone at least." He chuckles and Bella smiles, a real genuine smile. That makes Jay heart fill up with comfort.

She felt belonged, someone was willing to wait for her, she was not just a replacement. She now had a friend other than Jake and Eva, someone who offered to help by his own without any profits.

She turns back and takes a look around the café, since Jay was intimidating her by his looks and she needed a diversion.

A sudden shock knocks her, she sees Jake and Mia sitting together. And the worst part was he was already looking at her, with unstirred gaze.

She immediately turns back and Jay notices it, "What happened? You look pale."

"Jake is here!"

[A/N]

Updated after a long long time!

This is dedicated to a dear friend who motivated me to continue Sugartxt

Thanks for your support <3

Till next update,
See ya!