Vicious deadly dogs.

With his help both Chris and Gordie quickly got the hang of it and plated up some for Athena and Eyeball. Chris took it in to them as Gordie made up 3 more plates for them.

"Breakfast." Chris mumbled as he handed the plates out to them.

They smiled up at him as they accepted it and let it rest on their laps, taking a quick bite each they returned to leaning back over their food to the paperwork.

"You're gonna need to get your boss to sign these." He heard Athena mumble as she flicked through a file and handed them to Eyeball.

He accepted them and nodded as he put them to the side and leant down.

"Hang on I still gotta sign that one." He mumbled as he reached out to the page she was pulling away.

Chris smiled as he watched them. Feeling a hand on his shoulder he looked up and saw her dad smiling down at him.

"Gordie says you have a treehouse here, wanna show me after breakfast?" He asked.

Chris nodded as he let Athena's dad gently guide him back into the kitchen. The three ate in there, deciding it best to leave Athena and Eyeball to it. When they were done Athena's dad and Gordie started cleaning up as Chris quickly rushed upstairs and got changed.

As he came back down he grabbed the dogs chains and went into the kitchen as set them both up. Gordie helped hold Max still, who was clearly too excited as Athena's dad quickly went back into the living room to say goodbye.

The three were soon out and walking through Castle Rock. Just as they passed Gordie's house his dad appeared and called Athena's dad over. He apologised to the boys and left them just as they carried on walking.

"Are you okay?" Gordie asked him quietly.

Chris nodded slowly as he looked down at the two dogs, who were gently tugging against him as their 7 paws trotted along.

"They're just worried they're gonna lose." He mumbled as he stayed focused on the dogs.

Gordie sighed and rested a hand on his friends shoulder.

"Walking mummy's dogs aye?"

They both looked up and saw Teddy and Vern running over to greet them. Both dogs happily greeted the boys as Chris tried to hide his concerned face.

"What's got you looking like a sack of shit?" Teddy asked laughing.

"Athena and Eyeball are worried they're gonna lose." Gordie answered for him.

Teddy and Vern's smiled disappeared as they nodded slowly, understanding.

"You think they will?" Teddy asked after a moments silence.

Chris shrugged slightly as he kept a hold of the dogs.

"Well let's do something fun, take your mind off it!" Teddy offered up. "Better than his idea." He gestured to Vern.

"Hey I still haven't found my pennies!"

"Yeah and for the last time we're not gonna help you look for them!" Teddy snapped back as Gordie slapped a hand on Chris's back.

"Swimming in the creek?" He offered.

Chris looked up at him and nodded as they all grinned before heading off down to the creek, happily letting the dogs pull him along.

It didn't take long and the four boys had all soon stripped down to their boxers and were happily jumping and splashing each other. Max happily played on the edge as Jax sat curled up facing away from them. He'd gone in a sulk as Chris had refused to let him due to his bandage. He still wasn't allowed to have a bath or get it properly wet for a few more weeks.

Yet their enjoyment was halted when Max and Jax instantly stood up and began growling. Chris quickly rushed over and grabbed Max's collar as Gordie grabbed Jax's.

The four boys all gave each other worried and confused looks as they glanced around quickly. The dogs were going nuts, barking, growling and snapping, yanking to be set free. Yet they couldn't see anyone.

Vern squealed as they saw the bushes beside them part and Ace Merrill soon came out with the rest of the cobras.

Chris gently relaxed his grip as Max flew out of his grip and bounded up to Ace. The dog didn't attack of course and allowed Ace to crouch down and ruffle his head.

Gordie gently let of Jax, who hopped over following his brother. They saw the other cobras walking around as if they were looking for something. Ace looked up at the four boys who had come over to him and the dogs.

"What are you shits doing out here?" He asked as he gently stood up, allowing the dogs to sit down relaxed beside him.

"We're joyriding! What does it look like?!" Teddy snapped sarcastically.

Ace glared and growled at him as he slunk back slightly.

"We were just out in the creek then the dogs went nuts." Chris answered as he gently rubbed Max's head.

Ace nodded slowly. "Go home, all of you."

"Why?" Gordie asked as he leant down and rubbed Jax's head, keeping his eyes on Ace.

"We were following those view twats who jumped Eyeball. Heard the dogs and came this way." He replied looking down at the dogs and the boys.

"So go home, if something happens to you it would just make your whole situation worse." He said looking down at Chris directly. "It's hard enough they're fighting for guardianship of you, you throw in these view guys and you can kiss your chances of a happy family goodbye." Ace said as he saw his other cobras slowly returning to his side.

Chris nodded slowly as he stood up and nodded at his friends. They all quickly got their clothes back on and allowed Ace and the other cobras to lead them back out to Castle Rock.

However unknown to the cobras or Chris and his friends Bryce and his friends hadn't left the scene. They'd stayed and watched as Ace told the boys to go home. They'd stayed and heard as Ace mentioned something about a guardianship. They'd stayed and paid special attention as Ace spoke about Athena and Eyeball trying to get guardianship over Chris and if they'd gotten involved it would ruin their chances.

Bryce looked down at his arm that was still wrapped in it's bandage. His mind flashed to the night outside the graveyard when he first met Athena. The dogs had gone for him.

He looked over at his friend, who also had an arm bandaged up from when the dog had gone for him when they jumped Eyeball.

Vicious deadly dogs.

Vicious deadly dogs not suited for being in a home with a young boy.

A smile came to his face as he nodded at his friends and the group walked off in the opposite direction.