I wanna get my own place.

Athena quickly showered and changed into some white shorts and a blue tank top just as her dad came knocking, like clockwork she smiled to herself.

Letting him in she went back and crashed down on her bed as he laughed, he fed the dogs before sitting down beside her.

"You want to stay don't you?" He asked as he looked down at his daughter.

She rolled over onto her stomach and tried burying her head into the blankets, he laughed.

"That's a yes."

She grumbled under the blankets as he slowly leant over and pulled them off. Lying next to her he smiled at her.

"How'd you know?" She asked as she tilted her face to look at him.

"I'm your dad. I know everything."

She scoffed as she buried her head back into her blankets.

"You don't know everything." She mumbled.

He laughed. "No I just don't know his name yet."

Her head snapped up at him. He laughed again and nodded, sitting upright.

"I knew it was a guy!" He said laughing still. "My turn to be the cop."

She growled as she buried her head back into her blankets.

"It's not Danny, you wouldn't be struggling this much if it was." He paused as he looked down at her grumbling again.

"The fact that you haven't told Gordie yet says a lot, Gordie doesn't like him does he?"

Athena pulled her head from the blankets. "How do you know I haven't told Gordie?"

"Because Gordie hasn't asked me about it. So he clearly doesn't know. Am I right?" He asked.

Athena dove her head back under the blankets grumbling. Her dad laughed.

"Clearly right. Athena why is it such a struggle? You know you can always talk about it."

She grumbled again. "It's complicated dad." She mumbled into her blankets.

"How? Talk to me sweetie." He said as she sat up straight and sighed, looking down in her lap.

Her dad sighed as he looked down before back up at her.

"He's a criminal isn't he?" He asked quietly.

Athena's head snapped up as she looked at her father, the guilt must have been written all over her face. He sighed again as he nodded.

"That's your complication." He mumbled.

She looked back down at her lap. "I preferred being the only cop in the family."

Her dad laughed slightly and shook her head. "I told you, I'm dad, I know everything."

She nodded slowly, still looking down. Her dad sighed as he reached out and took her hand.

"Never could I see myself with a cop for a daughter falling for a cobra."

She snapped her head back up at him. "How'd you know he's a cobra?"

"Gordie's told me about them, it would explain you not telling him."

She nodded slowly and looked back down at her lap.

"It's not Ace Merrill is it?" He asked worried. "Because that could be awkward as you arrested him?"

She shook her head quickly. "No it's not him don't worry. I wouldn't touch him if it cure all illnesses."

Her dad laughed slightly. "Which one?"

Athena gulped before looking up at her dad. "Eyeball Chambers..." she mumbled quietly, almost hoping he wouldn't hear.

"The older Chambers boy?" Her dad asked slowly.

Athena nodded slowly, bracing herself for the lecture she expected. But it never came. Her dad simply stood up and offered out his hand.

"Fancy checking out some real estate?" He asked.

She nodded slowly as she took his hand and let him pull her up. "You're not mad?"

He shook his head as she walked over and grabbed her trainers, slipping them on.

"You're an adult now Athena, just be careful."

She nodded slowly as she stepped forward but he held a hand up. "Yes I'll keep it a secret."

A smile appeared on her face as she called the dogs to her heel and the 4 headed down and out, ready to find a new home in Castle Rock.

They were soon in the estate agents discussing potential houses as her dad noticed the faraway look on her face. The dogs remaining outside, guarding the doorway and awaiting Athena's return.

"Could you give us a moment?" He asked the estate agent, who nodded slowly and got up, heading to the back of the shop presumably to make a drink.

"Thena..." he started.

"I wanna get my own place." She said quickly as she slowly looked at him.

He seemed taken aback by her statement but soon smiled.

"This Eyeball done a real number on you aye?" He whispered with a laugh.

She shook her head and gently smacked his arm. "It's not just that dad. I'm old enough now to live alone and I just wanna start being an adult."

The smile grew on his face as he nodded.

"Sometimes I just forget how old you really are."

She smiled back at him as they saw the estate agent cautiously approach. The pair smiled warmly at him as her dad leant forward.

"Change of plans, we're looking for two separate places now, is that okay?"

The estate agent nodded quickly as he began handing over various pages with information on different houses available for the both of them.

Athena felt her dads hand slip into hers and give it a gentle squeeze, she returned it as she looked down at the pages, one of these would be her very own.

——————————————————-

Bit of a filler chapter I know but I wanted to include a bit of father/daughter bonding ❤️