Ask your mother.

Athena sighed as she pulled away from Eyeball, the pair now lying entangled on the sofa.

"You gotta get it done haven't you?" He asked her.

She nodded slowly as she rested her head on his chest. His fingers slowly played with her hair as she felt herself rise and lower with his breathing.

"I have no idea how to even start it." She mumbled against his chest.

"You gonna tell the truth?" He asked.

She hesitated but nodded against him. "I have no choice. It will come out sooner and later and I can't just think of myself now."

"Can you dad help?" He offered.

She shook her head, "honestly part of me feels the less he knows the better." She mumbled as she felt Eyeball's hand softly rubbing her back.

"If he.." Eyeball started and hesitated for a second. "If he tells you to call it off with me so you can keep your job, you make sure call it off with me." He mumbled.

Athena's head shot up as she looked down at him.

"I'm not being that guy that makes you lose your job Athena." He mumbled looking up at her slightly shocked face.

"I could work around it." She mumbled.

He scoffed slightly. "Oh what? Me sneaking in here every night to not get caught? Not being seen out in public together? Hardly a life together." He grumbled.

She hesitated. "You really think he'd fire me over you?"

Eyeball laughed slightly and gestured to the pair of them. "Cop and criminal sweetheart. Hardly a match made in heaven."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Cop and ex-criminal. You're going straight now remember?"

He nodded slowly. "But he don't know that does he?"

Athena paused before smirking up at him. "But he will."

Before Eyeball could reply she almost fell as she leapt off him and raced upstairs, he followed instantly without hesitation as they went crashing into her room.

The pair leapt onto the bed as she pulled out a notepad and a pen from her bedside table. She sat up and got comfy as she began writing out her report.

Eyeball rolled down to the end of the bed and lay on his back, keeping his hand on her leg as they sat in silence, the noise of her writing filled the air.

"Guys."

Athena turned as Eyeball lifted his head and saw Chris standing in the doorway, Gordie at his side.

"Can Gordie stay tonight?" He asked quietly.

Eyeball laughed slightly and dropped his head back on the bed. "Ask your mother."

Athena laughed and gently kicked him before nodding at the two boys. "Course he can."

Chris and Gordie high fived as Gordie slowly came forward and sat on the bed next to Athena.

"What you writing?"

"My report for work. I have to tell him everything." Athena mumbled as she returned to writing.

"About you two?" Chris asked as he shuffled in and looked between his brother and Athena.

She nodded again.

"Are you gonna get fired?" Gordie asked quietly, looking up at her.

Athena sighed and shrugged. "Honestly I have no idea what's gonna happen Gordie. Best I can do is tell the full truth and hope he believes me about this one going straight." She said as she gently kicked Eyeball again.

"We believe you." Chris said smiling at her.

She smiled in return as Gordie nodded quickly.

"Thanks boys. I just hope he does too." She mumbled as she returned to writing.

"What's for dinner?" Chris asked as he wanted to get the last question in before she got too into writing.

"Ask your father." Athena quickly replied before Eyeball could reply.

Gordie and Chris laughed seeing Eyeball glaring at her. A small smirk appeared on Athena's face as she gently nudged him with her foot. He grumbled as he got up off the bed.

"Don't forget the dogs too!" She shouted out at him as he headed out the room.

"They're your sons!" He shouted back as Chris and Gordie followed him out laughing.

"Have fun step-dad!" She shouted laughing as she quickly continued writing out her report, listening to Eyeball telling the kids to shut up laughing as they all went downstairs and presumably to find dinner.

It took her a while and Eyeball brought her up some food but quickly left her to it as she half ate, half continued to write out everything.

By the time she was done she was absolutely shattered. Jax had joined her and was laying comfortably by her side but was startled when she finally got up off the bed and stretched herself out.

Placing the sheets down on her bedside table she grabbed her pyjamas and yawned. Jax jumped down from her bed and followed her out the door as she saw Eyeball and the two younger brothers looking very suspicious in the hallway.

"What's going on?" She asked slowly as they all snapped their heads at her and froze at her appearance.

"We thought you could do with relaxing so we ran you a bath." Gordie said as he stepped forward smiling.

Athena smiled down at him.

"It's got candles and that because girls like that crap right?" Chris asked.

Athena laughed and nodded. "We do."

"And if you want company-"

"Ew!" Gordie interrupted Eyeball.

The adults both laughed as Chris even laughed and pointed at him. "You're cousins banging a cobra."

Gordie shoved him. "You're brothers banging a copper."

The pair then began gently shoving each other as they went back into Chris's room, Jax hopping after them, wagging his tail at the two.

Athena stepped forward to Eyeball and gently took his hand.

"About that offer of company?" She asked, tilting her head to look at him.

He smirked down at her and nodded. "You just gotta take it Lachance." She laughed at him and gently pulled him into the bathroom with her.

He used his foot to kick the door shut behind them as he attached his lips to hers and slowly began undressing her.

She was completely naked as he pulled away from her and quickly scooped her up bridal style before lowering her down into the hot bath they'd ran. Candles flickering along the side lit up their faces as he stayed out the bath but knelt down behind her.

She let him cover her back with water as she felt his strong hands slowly begin to massage her shoulders.

Feeling every worry melt away under his firm but gentle touch she allowed herself to completely relax.

"I love you Athena."

Athena froze as she snapped her head around to face him, he almost fell over at her sharpness as he held onto the bath to hold himself steady.

"My bad." He mumbled.

She quickly placed a finger on his lips.

"I love you too Richard."

A smile came to his face as he dove forward, smashing his lips onto hers.