83

"Y/n?"

Y/n wearily lifted her head and was faced with a worried Taeyhun crouched behind Yeonjun who looked like he would beat someone up that very minute.

"Is everything okay?" Yeonjun asked and Y/n shook her head biting her lip to contain her sob.

Taehyun shared a look with the worried boyfriend. 

"Let's talk in the car babe." Yeonjun whispered draping his jacket over Y/n and she nodded standing up with Yeonjun's arm around her shoulder guiding her to the car.

After they'd sat down in the car Y/n took a deep breath and spoke in a choked out voice.

"Chaeyoung's here." She began.

"But she's supposed to be in LA." Taehyun voiced out and Yeonjun nodded in confusion.

"And she's your bestfriend right? Why aren't you happy to see her? Did you fight?" Yeonjun asked shooting three consecutive arrows at Y/n's already frail heart.

"I don't think we're friends anymore." Y/n said with a wobbly voice and more tears escaped her red eyes.

"Why?" Yeonjun asked softly placing his hand on her shoulder while Taehyun bit his thumb in anxiety.

Y/n explained every single detail from Chaeyoung's harsh words to the point till where Y/n had smacked her across the face and the car went silent as the two men processed what Y/n was saying.

They knew for sure that this wasn't made up. Considering  that the two were bestfriends and Y/n was crying uncontrollably. 

But what was also unbelievable that Chaeyoung. The Chaeyoung they were friends with, the chayoung who loved soobin to pieces. Why would she do that?

"W-we need to tell Soobin." Y/n said panicked. "He'll hate us- no hate me if he finds out that I knew and didn't tell him." 

"Soobin hyung isn't like that." Taehyun soothed. "But we do have to tell him."

Yeonjun nodded silently. He really couldn't bear watching the love of his life cry like there was no tomorrow. So he just rubbed her back.

"I feel terrible for raising my hand at her." Y/n sobbed into her palms. 

"If i was a girl and my bestfriend was doing that i woulda thrown a few punches in too." Taehyun said indignantly. "She deserved that Y/n."

"That doesn't seem like all she said." Yeonjun mumbled and Y/n shook her head pursing her lips.

"She told me that if i still wanted to be her friend I-I wouldn't tell Soobin." Y/n said and Taehyun scoffed muttering something to himself.

"So she lied to us about going to LA then?" Taehyun asked after a pause. 

"She mentioned that she had come back a while ago. She didn't say when. So it probably means she went." Y/n pondered out loud.

"And if you come to think of it we've never even meet Chaeyoung's parents." Yeonjun shifted, rubbing his chin and Taehyun whipped out his phone.

 "Yeah she said they were barely home." Y/n recalled

"Yo you are not going to believe this..." Taehyun said as both eyes turned towards him.

-

Soobin sighed. He was bored out of his mind. Maybe he should have gone clubbing with Y/n but he let Taeyoung go since he hadn't had alone time with her for a while now. 

He missed Chaeyoung, he really did. He wished he could've gone along with her but he'd just be sticking out like a sore thumb with her family. 

Soobin was startled when he heard the doorbell go off. Had you come back already?

Unlocking the door Soobin was faced with none other than Park Chaeyoung.

"CHAE!" Soobin yelled hugging the female tightly who just patted his back in return. 

"You should have told me if you were coming early! I woulda picked you up from the airport." Soobin said bringing in Chaeyoung's bag.

"It's okay. I wanted to surprise you that's all." Chaeyoung giggled. 

"Does Y/n know you're here?" Soobin asked sitting next to her on the couch. 

Chaeyoung's face fell before she plastered a smile. "Nope. I want to surprise her too."

And at that very moment the door opened and Taehyun marched in first meddling with the keychain in his and all color drained off his face the minute he saw Chaeyoung on the couch.

"Taehyun! Hey do you like my surprise?" Chaeyoung asked standing up and hugging him which Taehyun reluctantly returned awkwardly.

Chaeyoung suspiciously gazed at Taehyun who was giving her a pursed smile. Did he know?

"Taehyun do you have the keys-"

Yeonjun abruptly stopped seeing Chaeyoung standing in front of Taehyun.

"What're you doing here?" Yeonjun asked trying his best to mask his disgust with surprise and shock.

"Surprise!" Chaeyoung said making jazz hands. Before Yeonjun could say anything in response, in walked Y/n.

Soobin sported a worried expression when he saw y/n's disheveled state but knowing that your bestfriend was here now put him a little at ease.

Instead he watched you just walk past the hug Chaeyoung was offering with a stoic face and head upstairs.

Soobin looked at the other two male figures who were as confused as him. They weren't actually, they just acted well.

"Is she mad at me?" Chaeyoung asked puzzled to which Yeonjun just shrugged. 

"Did you do something?" Taehyun asked straightfoward and Yeonjun nudged him,

"I don't know.." She trailed off.

"She's drunk, she might've not even recognized you." Soobin reasoned and Chaeyoung nodded.

"I'll ask her in the morning then. Lets go to bed now." She said latching onto Soobin's arm and dragging him upstairs.

"She knows it'll be hard to tell Soobin if she herself is here. She's going to ruin his and Y/n's relationship." Yeonjun said clenching his jaw. 

"You should go check on Y/n." Taehyun said shoving his hands into his pockets while Yeonjun nodded and sprinted upstairs. 

With Yeonjun gone, an unsettling feeling pooled in Taehyun's stomach. He looked out the window at the moon that shone down with intensity. 

"Please give us our happiness back." Taehyun whispered. "That's all I ask."

_

Boys are so stupid I want to smash them into oblivion (esp the boys i know) 

AnYHOO, do you think Soobin's going to believe em 👀🍵