14

Y/n's POV

It was the next day and everyone had left home because of an emergency which meant I was alone at home with Taehyun.

Taehyun and I hadn't spoken to each other much because he plainly did not like me for his own reasons which I understand because there are people I dislike without a reason too.

Boy was this going to be awkward.

It was currently 1:09 am and I couldn't sleep.

I tossed and turned and even lit a few candles to help me fall asleep but I just couldn't.

I tilted my head to the side and saw my curtains flowing with the wind and moonlight rays penetrating into my room.

A little walk won't hurt right?

Quickly putting on some slides, I slid out the door with the light from my phone as a guide since I didn't want to trip. I reached the end of the stairs and unlocked the back door in the kitchen and slipped outside.

The cool breeze of the night immediately made me more awake than I already was in my bedroom which made me to continue walking around the well kept lawn.

I surely haven't gone to the backside of the house have I? I thought to myself and padded to the said location.

(Play tonight by Jin to read the rest of this chapter :) )

I let out a soft gasp at the view. There was a small pond surrounded by greenery which shone in the silver light of the moon. The water in the pond shone making everything so aesthetically pleasing. I walked closer and sat down on the grass close to the water. I sat there with occasional breezes blowing making me feel at peace.

"What are you doing here?" A voice called out from behind making me flinch a little. I turned around and saw Taehyun standing with his hands in his pockets. "I uh couldn't sleep." I said and he walked towards me and sat down looking at the scenery. I stared at him till he realised that I was and turned his head. "What?" He asked with a small frown. "That's the most you've spoken to me since I came here." I said and he let out a breathy laugh. "I wanted to apologise for being so unwelcoming." He said looking front again. I blinked twice. "It's okay." I said looking front too.

"Really? You won't be mad?" Taehyun asked confused. "I dunno, should I be?" I ask and he laughs again. "I know you must be having your doubts because you probably haven't gotten anybody especially a girl to stay with you." I explained and he hummed. "We actually did have a girl live with us once. And we didn't really have the best experience which is why I'm so overprotective." He said with a soft smile.

"I still don't know why you're living with us though." He said and I sighed. "I was born into a mafia family too. But I ran away from home." I said placing my hands behind me and leaning on them streching out my folded legs. "You did?" Taehyun asked his tone softer and I nodded.