Chapter 43

Sorry i took forever to update, I am the worst 

Louis

Genevieve and I have been in the car for about an hour which means we are almost to London. I have so many things I want to show her while we are in England, but I figured that this won't be our last time so I decided that since this is her first time here, we would spend the day in London, exploring. By exploring I mean showing her around to some of my favorite places in London.

I have been planning this trip to London with her since we started dating if that's what you want to call. We have never officially put a label on it, but that is what it feels like to me. To me, she feels like my girlfriend, and we've said I love you, so she must feel the same way.

Anyways, Jonah and I have been planning this for about a month. One night Genevieve had to stay at the University later than normal for a study group and asked me to meet her at her home, well her grandmother's home, and watch Jonah until she was able to get there. She wanted to make sure her grandmother was getting some time to herself and not inconveniencing her by making her watch Jonah longer than they had originally agreed on.

While Genevieve's grandmother would never feel like watching Jonah is an inconvenience to life, I can't help but admire her for thinking of others.

"Guess who's here!" I say opening the front door to Genevieve's home. Something that seems so weird to do without her with me.

"Louis!" The little boy yells running as fast as he can from his bedroom to meet me at the front door. When he's finally within a reasonable distance he launches himself from the group toward me. Since he's 5 I'm sure in his head he felt like he was weightlessly jumping through space, but in reality, he landed 6 inches from his launching point and hugged my waist as tight as he could.

"How is my favorite astronaut doing?" I asked bending down to his level, to give him a proper hug.

"I'm great, I made a new friend at school today. Her name is Stacey and she pretty likes momma." He says with a toothy grin, showing off that he has lost his two front teeth since I last saw him the week prior.

"Jonah Chase Gregory, do you have a girlfriend momma doesn't know about?" I say playfully with a smile on my face to let him know that I am not mad at him.

"I have two," he says putting up two fingers before putting a finger over his mouth. "Don't tell momma."

This whole conversation with him makes me laugh and makes me happy about the relationship Jonah and I have. When I first found out about Jonah, I wasn't sure if he'd like me, but he was then accepting of me.

"I won't it'll be over little secret," I say winking and zipping lip and locking it with a key.

I pick Jonah up and tell Debbie that I was going to be watching Jonah until Genevieve got here, explaining that she was caught up in a study group. After talking with Genevieve, we walk up to Jonah's room where he wants to watch a movie. Normally Genevieve is against him watching tv in his room, saying she doesn't want it to affect his cognitive development, but how do you say no to a kid that wants to watch Toy Story.

"Alright Jonah, we can watch Toy Story, but I want to talk with you, man to man," I say knowing that is the best time to have this conversation with him. "But you have to pinky promise that you'll keep it secret because I want to surprise momma," I say holding out my pinky for him to make a pinky promise with me.

I can't help but smile at the memory of the night Jonah and I concocted this masterful plan. Every chance we have had to get to some time alone Jonah would tell me how excited he is, and how he just wants to see Genevieve happy. For a five-year-old, he is surprisingly aware that she's been unhappy for a while and trying to hide it from him.