Healing

BELLA

Pain only makes us stronger, or at least that's what my mother used to say. Pain appears when something takes us to the edge and we survive to it. This is a clear example of me.

I would never thought that because of Francis I would be... I would be raped. But here I am. And of course I don't blame Francis.

I don't right?

But I was. Because of his business, because of his mafia world. Because of the same world my father is in. Because of the world he brought me in.

I've been laying in bed for over an hour now, after waking up, and I can't stop looking through the window.

As cheesy and cruel this sounds, life is too short and we have to live it and love people and be thankful for still being alive but in my case I don't know whether I should be thankful or if it's a disgrace.

Life has only brought me pain. For a second maybe happiness, but pain most of the time.

I sit on bed and wrap my hair in a messy bun. I walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower, I step in and let water hit me.

Running through all the scars my body has from that day, that still haven't vanished, I lay my head on the wall and make water free to run through my face. Every drop of it, burning my skin.

After a thirty-five minutes shower, I step out and walk in my towel to the closet. I open it and walk through it until I find what i'm wearing today.

I glance at the clock of my bedroom. 9pm already. I take a look at the closet and find a red dress with spaghetti straps that reaches until my before mid thigh and hugs all my curves perfectly. For makeup I go smokey and red lip-gloss. Finally in my hair I waved it. The waves reaching my shoulders.

I go downstairs and walk to the entrance door when a tight grip pushes me against a strong chest. I glance up to the person who had the grip on me only to find Francis. I roll my eyes and try to let go of his grip but he's stronger than me. "Where do you think you're going?" he asks in a demanding low tone and my heart races.

"I think you already know, Francis" I retort and he tightens his grip. "Let go of me, you're hurting me" I demand but he doesn't let go. "Partying again?" he asks and I stay quiet, giving him the answer. "Partying isn't gonna make you heal quicker. You have to talk to someone instead of drowning yourself in alcohol" he states and I roll my eyes.

"Okay mommy" I shake again my arm trying to let go but fail again. "Roll your eyes at me again and I will give you a reason to roll them" he threatens and I laugh. "I would like to see you trying" This time I'm free of his grip.

I walk to the entrance door and again someone catches my arm making me slam into a hard chest, again.

"Look Francis I-" I'm cut bu the fact that when I take a look up to watch his eyes I find Dante's instead.

"We were few and grandma gave birth" I roll my eyes and see a very angry Dante in front of me. "What are you doing? Are you going fucking clubbing again?" he asks in an angry tone. "Duh" I respond and he tries to say something else but he's cut by Francis.

"Dante, let her go. If she wants to go clubbing let her go, she will realize this is not the way to heal" he demands and Dante is hesitant to let me go but does it.

"Or maybe not, because she'll be dead" Francis finishes his statement and I roll my eyes. "Don't worry mom, I won't be taking drinks from unknown people".

I open the door and step outside. I make my way to the car and head the club I've been going two for the past two weeks.

Stepping outside of the car I take a peek of the club to see that the line it's so long that it even reaches the corner and keeps going.

I could wait but taking into account that it's Francis's I walk to the guard and he lets me in.

I give him a shy smile and walk in. The music is so loud that I can't even hear my thoughts. I make my way to Gabriel, my favorite bartender and ask him for Tequila.

He gives me the drink I asked for and drink it all in once.

Then I walk to the dance floor and start swaying my hips at 'Swim' from Chase Atlantic.

I throw my hands to the air and shake my entire body, adrenaline hitting my entire body, my hips swinging at every beat of the song.

The water's getting colder, let me in your ocean, swim
Out in California, I'll be forward stroking, swim
So hard to ignore ya, 'specially when I'm smoking, swim
World is on my shoulders, keep your body open, swim
I'm swimming, I'm swimming, I'm swimming, yeah
Out in California, I'll be forward stroking, swim
So hard to ignore ya, keep your body open, swim

I walk to the bar again and look for Gabriel, and again ask him for my shot of tequila. "Hey there, gorgeous" a deep voice says from behind me making me to turn around.

A man that seems to be the same age of Francis, maybe a bit more, stares at me. His hair was messy, his lose curls were all placed in the right places except one, that was on his forehead. His grey eyes staring at me, like he was watching my soul. He smiles letting his white teeth come out and oh god. He's so hot.

"Hey" I reply shyly to him and he chuckles. "What is this pretty girl doing alone in here?" he asks again and my heart races. "Having some fun" I state giving him a full smile and he nods. "Two of tequila" he orders Gabriel and hands me a glass of it.

I glance around the club and see that there's no one at the bar, leaving us all alone.

I peek at him again and drink the tequila he had given me. "Wanna d-daaaancee?" I giggle and he nods chuckling. He places his hand on my lower back, not touching my ass, but guiding me to the dance floor securely and I turn around. I wrap my arms around his neck and he places his on my hips while I sway them.

The tension was growing by each step we took, by each sway of my hips. If Francis was here he would be pissed as fuck, but do I care? No. Yes you do. Oh shut it, no I don't.

Suddenly, I start feeling dizzy, everything around me starts spinning around so fast making me stumble and tighten my grip on his neck. "Hey are you feeling good?" he asks in a concerning tone and I shake my head. "I-I think i'm going to...."

Suddenly it all goes black.