For some reason, Jennie trusted Kai with all her heart.
However, this feeling had nothing to do with love.

Perhaps this was because Kai was by her side during the darkest moments of her life. Therefore, this trust would follow Jennie for the rest of her life.

After he had eaten for a while, the handsome Attorney Kai's face turned slightly red. Frankly, his alcohol tolerance was never very high.

However, he drank two bottles of beer. Was he
intentionally trying to get drunk?

Kai said, "I'm truly in awe of you, Little Jenjen. You're probably aware that I invited you out for a meal today because I took on Sun Xu's family's case. I want to get justice and compensation for Mrs Sun!"

Jennie was not shocked when she heard this because Kai was always providing legal aid. The Sun Family had definitely sought out legal aid since they had already turned out like this.

"The Sun Family's case is actually very simple. It mainly required a courageous and righteous person who's brave enough to handle it. Regarding this matter, I'm actually sincerely in awe of my brother. Although he's an ugly person with a bad temper, he still has a sense of justice!"

While he was speaking, Kai paused before he pretended to sound mysterious as he said, "He knew that you had left with Chaeyoung long ago!"

Je was inwardly slightly shocked. Nonetheless, this was not surprising. If Huai had not tacitly agreed to this, how could she have followed that case so smoothly?

However, how could he called a handsome "older man" like Huai "an ugly person with a bad temper"?

Jennie could not help but laughed.

"Brother Huai is really a positive person! However, the one who helped me get through to those connections and sent the manuscript was..."

"It was that b*stard Lalisa!"

Kai interrupted Jennie's sentence while a proud and sinister smile appeared on his face.

Jennie blushed. Apparently, everyone could guess that!

"The Manoban Family Mansion has been chaotic. These few years, Lisa has constantly been at odds with his second uncle in secret. Nie Chao's case hit one of the Manoban Family's second son's nerves. Jae-wook's transfer order to Capital City was held up because of this."

"Jae-wook was unwilling to accept this. Therefore, you have to be careful next time," Kai worriedly said.

"Someone wanted to intentionally frame you during Somi's case three years ago. I don't want you to be involved in anymore mishaps!"

"Big Brother Kai, I actually wanted to tell you that Somi is still alive..."

Jennie felt that Somi's incident was similarly one of Kai's worries as well. Thus, Jennie felt that Kai should know
about this.

Kai widened his eyes and looked at Jennie in disbelief. "How is that possible?"

Jennie's tone was indifferent when she explained the whole sequence of events to Kai.

"Somi is now staying in Luo Hai, and Lisa bought her an
art gallery for her to have an exhibition!"

Upon hearing this, Kai sighed, "Lisa is someone who
treasures his friendships. Since Somi had saved him in England once, perhaps that woman is using this as leverage against Lisa.

A man is always afraid of owing people favors, more so if that man is Lisa."

When Jennie heard this, she realized that Kai probably knew some inside information. She tugged at Kai somewhat emotionally and said, "What exactly happened that year?"

Kai could tell that Jennie only knew certain parts of the story. He quietly said, "Lisa was actually at risk during those years when he was studying in England. He encountered dangers numerous times from time to time because someone wanted to harm him!"

"There were two incidents that were more dangerous than the rest. I saved him the first time but I got shot because of that. He was kidnapped another time. Somi happened to come to England to visit him at that time so the kidnappers took both of them away."

"That incident was slightly stranger because those three kidnappers didn't seem to want Lisa's life. On the contrary, they were waiting for someone's orders. Moreover, they didn't seem like skillful professionals because they revealed their goal too quickly. While the
police were in the midst of the search and investigation process, the kidnappers panicked and planned to kill them to silence them."

"Somi became frantic at that moment. It was rumored that she used her body to delay those kidnappers!"

Kai paused and glanced at Jennie when he reached this part.

He lowered his voice before he continued, "The kidnappers assumed that Somi was Jennie when they were raping her. One of the kidnappers said that it'd be worth it even if he died because he managed to have his way with the young lady of the Kim Family that day..."

Jennie's entire body chilled to the bone!

She was completely unaware of this matter. She had probably just arrived in England at that time. However, she needed to briefly returned home because the Kim Family was facing trouble. She was absent during that period of time when Lisa was facing danger.

Later, Lisa merely casually mentioned the issue and told Jennie that it was just a robbery. Moreover, she was unaware that the kidnappers actually wanted to kidnap her. No wonder Somi hated her to the bone and mentioned that it should have been her to experience the misfortune...

"Later, Shin Ryujin brought a team of armed personnel and saved Lisa before the police. This also marked the beginning of Lisa and Ryujin crossing paths with each other."

"Shin Ryujin?" Jennie realized that she was basically living inside a vacuum. Apparently, she knew nothing about the things that were happening around Lisa.

This was simply because Lisa was too good at isolating her.

Kai smiled, saying, "It looks like Lisa was really unwilling to tell you anything. Shin Ryujin was a descendant of Luo Hai's Shin Family. That year, Luo Hai's Shin Family was suppressed and ruined. due to political reasons. Thus, the descendants of the Shin Family formed an underworld organization while they were exiled overseas."

"As a descendant of the Manoban Family, Lisa certainly needed to return to Luo Hai. Thus, Shin Ryujin could also return to Luo Hai sooner or later as long as he held on to his lifeline, Lisa. Conversely, Shin Ryujin also resembled a string in Lisa's hands now. Although they were engaged in business matters, he was also the reason why Lisa could smoothly and easily deploy great forces."

The more Jennie heard, the greater her heart trembled. "Are you saying that Lisa also holds power over the underworld organization?"

Kai nodded. "Lisa's thoughts were too profound. I advised
him long ago not to get too close to someone like Shin Ryujin but the first thing that he did when he returned from abroad was to buy the Shin Clan Mansion!"

"Shin Clan Mansion?"

"That's Liu Li Villa!"

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*