Special Chapter 2: Korea

"Are you excited?" Tanong ko kay Althea na nasa tabi ko.

Nilingon niya ako, "Yeah, ngayon ko pa lang mapupuntahan ang Korea."

I held her hand, "And I am with you. Let's explore Seoul together."

After almost 4 years of our marriage, this will be the first time that we will go out of the country. Some of our family and friends are still going to different countries, but she told me that we should save money for our future, especially since we are going to marry each other at that time.

Tapos may anak na kaming dalawa kaya hirap na rin makaalis.

She and our son made me even happier. Every time that I'm done with my work, I am always excited to go home knowing that my wife and my son are waiting for me to come home.

Naalala ko nanaman ang reaksiyon ko noong sinabi ni Althea sa akin na buntis siya. She gave me a letter and my favorite part of the letter will always be "I'm excited to see you, Daddy!".

I went nuts that time! Excitements filled me that time and I am crying because I love them so much. I'm blessed to have my son and my wife. Dahil sa kanila, mas ginaganahan pa ako na mag trabaho para mabuhay ko sila ng maayos.

And now, I miss our son already pero kailangan kong sulitin ang trip namin ni Althea dahil madalang na lang kami umalis talaga. We date but of course, our son is our priority now. That's why I suggested that we will just have our date in our home. She agreed, she really still loves simple things. She's still the woman that I have loved since then. The woman who taught me to know my priorities in life and know what I should prioritize first.

Kasama rin namin sina Ares at Alliah ngayon pero iba ang mga pupuntahan namin. Sila, fixed na ang pupuntahan pero kami ni Althea, kung saan namin matripan pumunta. She just wants to taste the traditional food of Korea and visit some traditional markets. Option na lang daw ang iilang landmarks sa Seoul, kung may time pa.

"I miss our son already..." Saad niya.

"I miss him too, but don't worry baby, he's in good hands..."

Sinandal niya ang ulo niya sa balikat ko, "I know... Alam ko naman na aalagaan siya nina Mama.. But I miss him already. You know the feeling, I miss looking at him every time, singing a lullaby to him, and many more..."

I intertwined our hands, "I miss that too... I miss making him laugh but let's enjoy this trip. Ngayon na lang tayo naka-alis ng bansa.."

"You're right, baby..."

My heart still flutters whenever she calls me like that...

"Naalala ko ang bilin ni Lionel sa akin kanina.."

"What is it?" Tanong ko.

"Pasalubong daw natin sa kaniya ay si Eloise."

Kumunot ang noo ko, "Eloise?"

"'Di ba, dapat Eloise ang pangalan ng anak natin kung babae siya kaso lalake."

Oh right!

"So it means that they want another cousin and they want a sibling for our son?" I asked.

She nodded, "Precisely.."

I closed my eyes, I want a daughter but after what I saw in the delivery room, hindi ko na ata kaya na makita pa ulit na ganoon si Althea. She's hurting and crying because of the pain, konti na lang masasabunot na niya ako.

"Well..."

"Should we grant it?" Tanong niya.

I looked at her, "It's all up to you... I want to have a daughter but when I see your struggles, parang ayaw ko na ulit maranasan mo 'yon.."