Special Chapter 1: Life After Marriage

It's been four months since Ethan and I got married. I can't believe that I married my childhood crush!

It's still so hard to believe it. I never thought of having him as my boyfriend or as my husband. And I never thought that he would like me!

Being with him is almost half of my life and I never regret loving him.

Because of him, I fight the challenges that I have had since then. Because of what happened in the past, I learned to control my emotions, especially when deciding something important. I learned how to always control my feelings.

I still remember my vow to him when we had our wedding and also his vow.

"Balak ko talagang hindi na umuwi ng Pilipinas kasi maganda na ang buhay ko sa Edmonton, kaso naisip ko rin na parang may kulang pa rin kahit maganda na ang buhay ko. Naisip ko na may kulang talaga, kulang ang kasiyahan ko, kulang na kulang ang sarili ko nang kasiyahan. Naisipan ko na rin talagang umuwi dahil miss na miss ko na ang kasiyahan dito. Gatherings with friends and family but the real reason why I came home is because... "

I stopped for a while and wiped Ethan's tears. He's been crying since he saw me walking down the aisle, though it was stopped then again, his tears are falling.

I smiled at him and continued, "I came home because of you, Ethan. You are the reason why I came home. It's because I love you, you are my home, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you..." I stopped again and wiped his tears.

Patuloy na tumutulo ang kaniyang mga luha at may mga naririnig na rin akong sumisinghot. Hindi ko na tinignan kung sino dahil ang buong tingin ko ay na kay Ethan lang.

"You are my real happiness, Ethan. I promise to make you happy too just how you make me happy. I am not a perfect girlfriend, fiancée, woman, and wife but I will do everything I can just to give you the love and happiness you deserve."

He bit his lower lip and his tears continued to fall but I managed to wipe all of it.

"I will always love you, Ethan Leandro."

After I said that, he hugged me and put his face on my neck. My tears flowed when he started sobbing. "I love you so much, baby... Hindi ko kinaya ang mga salitang sinabi mo. I know that you came home to me but hearing this again... Hindi ko kinaya, baby..."

I hugged him tighter, "For revenge, make me cry."

He chuckled, "You will be."

We separated and helped him wipe his tears again. I heard Kuya Luther teasing Ethan, "Iyakin!"

But he also cried when he and his wife got married.

Ethan just ignored Kuya Luther and held the mic.

Huminga muna siya ng malalim bago mag salita, "I told you this years ago and I am gonna tell this again. I also want our loved ones to hear how I fell in love with you...."

He stopped and he put his left hand in his pocket then he took out his phone. He opened it and went to his notes. This man prepared his vow for me...

"I never thought that I would like you. When we were still kids, we were close, all of us, we loved to do silly things until our parents scolded us. After that, we remained friends only because the four of us started our high school life. The closeness we had vanished as I entered a relationship with a girl..."

I know that Grace will always have a place in our memories. She's the first girlfriend of Ethan.

"Then, I became single again and still our closeness didn't come back as I wanted to heal first. It took me a while to move on. I laid my eyes on you when I saw you helping other people. I don't know what's wrong with me at that time, but that's the reason why you became my crush at that time..."