Eleven.

It was a lovely Saturday day, and Lavinia was delighted to be invited over to the Cuthbert's for tea.

She was informed by Anne that she had invited her, Jane, and Diana.

So she thought she could bring some of her famous pie, seeing as the girl was pretty much obsessed with it.

She had of course told her parents that she would be going to the Cuthbert's, they had only opened up to the idea after Mrs. Barry talked to them about it.

She waved at Jerry who winked at her, before heading to the door and knocking twice.

Anne quickly opened the door, excitingly ushering her in, "Won't you please come in? May I take your hat and coat?"

Lavinia gave her a weird look, but eventually smiled kindly, "Why, thank you."

"I trust your family is well?" Anne questioned as she hung her coat.

"Quite well, thank you kindly."

Lavinia gasped when she saw the table filled with all kinds of foods, with Jane and Diana already sitting, "Your table is exquisite!"

"How nice of you to say. Won't you please sit down whilst I set the tea to steep and fetch the cordial? There are ever so many responsibilities when one is hosting company."

Lavinia sat down, placing her pie on the table, as she looked at her two best friends, giving them an excited look which they returned.

Anne quickly came back with what seemed to be the cordial. She poured some for every girl, and started chatting.

They all laughed, talking about everything and anything without a care.

Lavinia soon felt euphoric, giggling nonstop and tripping all the time.

They kept on drinking the cordial, the taste intrigued them, since it didn't taste like the cordial they had at home.

A few hours passed by and they somehow started talking about bosoms.

"I'm going to make a proclamation. I've decided that I love being a woman. There is so much to look forward to when we're even older!"

Lavinia gasped at something she thought of, "Bosoms!"

"We get to wear corsets." Jane added.

"Because we'll have bosoms!" What Diana said made all the girls laugh, two falling into the nearby couch.

"Isn't it wonderful how we agree on everything?"

"Isn't it wonderful to be so grown up?"

"Oh, no." The redhead suddenly stood up, with a worried expression.

"Hmm?"

"I forgot the tea."

-

All four girls were sat on the couch upside down, singing a song that Lavinia didn't know but she went along with them.

It was almost time for their mothers to pick them up and they were a complete mess.

They soon started singing another song, when the door was open, revealing the girls mothers.

They had a shocked look on their faces at what they had just witnessed; their daughters looking like a mess, behaving so foolishly.

"Mother!" Lavinia gasped as she nudged her friends, patting down her skirt in an attempt to make herself look more presentable.

-

There were the mothers gathered, each with her own daughter. It was an uncomfortable silence, and Lavinia wanted nothing more than to get back to her room and stay in bed.

Mrs Barry was the first to break the silence, "As you can see, this is a disgraceful scene."

"My word, Anne, you certainly have a genius for getting into trouble. I didn't even know I had any currant wine left in the house." Marilla shook her head in embarrassment.

"I can't imagine why you had any in the first place." Lavinia's mother scoffed.

"It was for medicinal purposes. But when the minister disapproved, I threw the remainder away long ago. Or so I thought."

Lavinia felt embarrassed because of her mother. She was being mean to Marilla for no reason. Yes, it was very strange for her to have wine in the house while she's taking care of a child, but it wasn't intentional. She didn't know, and she certainly didn't think the girls would be drinking it.

Mrs Andrews took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, "Your... charge... is a bad influence on my daughter."

"Anne made an honest mistake. I'm to blame."

"This is the last time the girls will ever set foot in your house."

Mrs. Barry ordered, as if she was the mother of the other two girls. But nonetheless, the other two mothers nodded their heads in agreement.

"Please, Mrs. Barry, I didn't mean to set them drunk!" The redhead begged, sounding more desperate than ever.

"You are not a fit little girl for Lavinia to associate with."

Marilla gave a look to Mrs. Laurent, knowing that she had hurt her daughters feelings.

"But it wasn't on purpose!"

"Moreover, the girls are not to sit together at school. They are not to fraternize in any manner at any time."

Marilla shook her head in disagreement, "I don't disagree that the girls should be punished for all that has transpired. Might I suggest a duration of two weeks?"

"I must preserve my Lavinia from the contaminations of further intimacy with such a child! My judgment is final! Come along, Lavinia."

"Please, Mrs. Laurent, please!"

"Lavinia, come along! You too girls."

Lavinia held back her tears as she tried to free herself from her mothers grasp, "Please, Mother, please!"

"Out!"

-