Six.

Lavinia made her way to Anne's house, all alone. Jane and Diana couldn't come with her seeing as they had classes with their mothers. Luckily, Lavinia had finished hers yesterday.

She almost opened the gate by herself, until she noticed that there was mud on it.

Her parents would question her if she got herself dirty, since she had told them she was meeting her friends at Jane's house.

She looked around, checking if there was anyone there to open it for her.

She found one petite boy, who held a hat. He noticed her waiting outside and quickly made his way to her.

"Bonjour, madam." He winked at her while opening the door.

She simply nodded as she thanked him, before making her way to the house.

She knocked on the door three times, before waiting patiently as she held a basket with a pie in it. A pie her chef had made.

The door was quickly opened, revealing Marilla.

"Oh, good afternoon, Miss Cuthbert."

"Good afternoon, Lavinia." Marilla thought of all the bad things Anne must of done. Because why on earth would the richest mans daughter be outside of their house.

"What brings you here?" The older woman questioned politely.

"I just wanted to check on Anne, after what had happened and all." Lavinia grimaced, showing Marilla that she cared truly.

Marilla opened the door wider, stepping aside so the younger girl can step in, "Anne is upstairs in her room, it should be on your left."

With that Lavinia made her way inside the house, as she neared the stairs, she almost bumped into Mathew.

"Good afternoon, Mr Cuthbert," Lavinia smiled brightly at him.

"Oh, good afternoon, Lavinia." He smiled as he slightly waved his hand.

"Well I better get going to Anne's room,"

She went upstairs, turning left just like Marilla had told her.

She faced a simple plain white door, with a flower placed in the middle. Now she was sure it was Anne's room.

She knocked on the door, before slightly opening it. Peaking through to see if the redhead was busy.

She was laying in her bed, holding a book with a content smile on her face.

"Hello, Anne."

Anne got startled by the sudden voice, throwing the book aside as soon as she saw Lavinia.

"Oh Lavinia! What do I owe the pleasure?" Anne jumped up and down, her excitement never ceasing.

"I just wanted to make sure you're alright. What Mr Philips had done was absolutely horrendous."

Lavinia put down the basket she held, scolding herself for not handing it to Marilla before she came upstairs.

She got closer to Anne before enveloping her in a warm hug, placing her head on her shoulder since she was shorter.

Anne hugged her just as tight, if not tighter.

"It's alright, I got over it." Anne's voice was muffled due to the hug, but Lavinia understood her.

She frowned upon hearing what she had just said. She knew Anne wasn't over it but didn't want to push the girl, she was already under much stress.

"So I brought pie, I thought maybe we could hang out?" Lavinia giggled once she saw the excitement in Anne's face, squealing as she jumped up and down.