Seven.

Billy instantly stopped as soon as he saw who he bumped into.

He was about to make a mean comment to her, but didn't. Noticing the younger girl was crying.

"Are you crying?"

Lavinia started crying even more, "what does it look like?"

She gasped for air, biting her lips to stop the sobs. She knew she was being dramatic, but she really wanted her friendship to workout with Anne. Lavinia was a sensitive person after all.

"D-don't cry." Billy grimaced at his attempts to stop his sisters best friend from crying.

She looked at him, not stopping the laugh that escaped her mouth.

He observed her, the way she threw her head back, closed her eyes, her red nose from crying. She really was pretty.

He wanted to make her feel better, he didn't know why, but he did. "You want to watch me hunt?"

And that's when Lavinia noticed the rifle he held. She wiped away her tears one last time, before nodding her head.

She had a couple more hours before her parents expected her to be home, and she knew she would be questioned if she returned early.

"Alright then, let's go."

She followed him into the forest, staying by his side as she was scared.

She flinched at every sound she heard, thinking it would be a bear, or a wolf.

"Billy, are you sure there are no bears or wolves here?" She whispered to the blonde, who quickly shushed her as he was pointing his rifle at something.

"There are no wolves, I'm not sure about the bears though." He smirked as he look at the girl, seeing the frown on her face.

She stepped back, only for something to move in the bushes, making her cling to Billy.

"Billy let's go, quickly."

"I'm not leaving until I catch something."

"Well then hurry up!" She hissed at him.

As soon as she stopped talking, he shot at something, making her flinch.

She clutched her chest, trying to catch her breath.

She peered over him, only to be greeted by a bloody duck laying in the ground, lifeless.

"Oh my god!" She shrieked, covering her eyes.

This made Billy chuckle, as he made his way over to the duck. He held it and made his way over to Lavinia.

Lavinia grimaced at the scent surrounding her, "Oh god, it smells horrible!"

"Yeah well it's not supposed to smell like roses," Billy rolled his eyes at the girl, making his way out of the forest. With her running to catch up with him.

"Stop covering your eyes, it's just blood."

"I hate blood, oh god, I think I might faint."

Billy looked at the girl, "Well don't, I don't want to be holding two things."

She huffed as she crossed her arms, looking the other direction, refusing to look at Billy.

-

They finally reached the Andrews home, Lavinia opening the door to help Billy enter.

"My son! I am very proud of you." Harmon roughly patted Billy's back, before turning to Lavinia.

"Oh, Lavinia dear. What are you doing here?"

"Oh I was just watching Billy hunt." The girl smiled kindly, before taking her leave and heading upstairs to Jane's room.

"Jane, your brother is the worst!" Lavinia barged into the girls room, scaring Jane to death.

"Lavinia, please do knock on your way in." Jane smiled sarcastically.

Lavinia ignored her, laying on her huge bed. She explained what had happened today, going on from Anne, to crying, to Billy and his hunting.

Jane, who looked shocked, gasped, "My brother, Billy Andrews, offered you to go hunting with him?"

Lavinia looked at Jane, rolling her eyes at her stupidness, "That is what I said after all."

"This doesn't make sense, at all."

"You can't believe Billy can be nice for once, and not bully someone? That's true sibling love right there."

"No, don't put it like that! What I am trying to say is, billy might be nice to you, for some other reasons." Jane nudged Lavinia, a smirk evident on her face.

"What?" Lavinia look at Jane, confused out of her mind.

"You truly are slow, forget it." Jane shook her head.

Lavinia merely shrugged, deciding to talk about their homework Mr Philips had assigned.

-