Chapter 25 ✓

|25.| Drowning in pain

<•••>

      "I don't care, Yoongi. You can postpone that meeting. I told you I cannot go to the company for a few days. " Taehyung comments, then sighs. 

      "But why? Tell me at least a reason to see if it makes sense to save your skin. "  the older one asks, as the other one rolls his eyes. 

         "First of all, you save not only my skin, but also yours. And secondly, it's about Jungkook. Yesterday ... he came in an extremely bad condition, believe me, I've never seen him like this before. And today he did not leave his room at all. I... I wanna help him, but I cannot do that if he doesn't tell me what happened to him." the CEO explains, trying to finish all this conversation as fast as he can. 

     He must go to Jungkook's room. Even though he said he would let him be alone until he feels ready to speak, Taehyung simply cannot wait anymore. It's past one o'clock in the afternoon, and the bunny boy hasn't even left his room, so there's no point in talking if he's eaten anything. And the fact that he decided not to go to university either worries him even more. Because he knows that no matter how childish Jungkook is, he treats the university seriously and doesn't like to miss classes.

       "Then you should talk with him. It is not good to keep the problems just for us, we will suffocate in the end. And even if he doesn't want to talk about what happened, you can try to be there. He'll tell you later. " Yoongi suggests and the younger one just closes his eyes for a few seconds, feeling an annoying headache. 

     He couldn't sleep at all last night. Not when he stood in front of Jungkook's door, hearing him cry non-stop, but not having the courage to enter his room and be next to him. He wanted to be with him and stop his tears from falling on his porcelain cheeks, but he realized he needed it. He needed to free himself somehow. And he knows that if he had gone to his room, Jungkook would have forced himself to pretend like he is fine, like nothing had happened to him. So all he was able to do was stand behind the bunny boy's door in the hallway, feeling his heart break into thousands of pieces over and over again, every time he heard the other's screams. 

       And damn it, it's a whole other level of pain. It is far more painful than anything else to see the one you love in so much suffering, and yet be able to do nothing. What does the suffering mean? Physical or moral pain; going (forced or unintentionally) through a situation, a state of physical or moral distress.

        But what is the difference between moral and physical suffering? When you are physically injured, you can go to the doctor, you can take some pills, and in the end, you will be better. But if your soul is hurt, no pill can help you get rid of the black tar of suffering. And Taehyung can swear that his soul has never been more wounded than it is now.

     "I know, I will try. I... I have a question before closing the call though." the younger one says, then gets up from the couch.

     "Yeah, what is?"

      "If Jungkook wants to break the contract ahead of time, can he do it?"

    There is silence for a few seconds, then the CEO hears the other's voice:

     "Yeah, if both parties want to finish the contract ahead of time, they can finish it by common agreement." Yoongi explains and the younger one sighs again.

     "What if I disagree? Can the contract be broken only if one wants to? "

     "Why are you asking me that? Does Jungkook want to end the contract early? " the secretary asks, waiting for his friend's answer.