Chapter 9 ✓

|9| Revealing the secrets from the shadow

<•••>

      "Is he already asleep? " Taehyung asks himself, looking around as he enters in the house. 

      "Who? Me?" a warm voice forces the CEO to turn his attention to the living room couch, to see Jungkook looking at the TV. 

       "Ăă.. yeah, I want to talk with you." the CEO comments, and the bunny boy just keeps looking at the TV. 

     The older one straighten his voice, then walks to the living room, and takes a seat in an armchair next to the other boy. He leaves his briefcase on the floor, and Jungkook looks at him with a faint smile.

     "Just to be clear, I wasn't waiting for you, so you don't have to worry that I will overtaking again the boundaries. I just watch a movie. " Jungkook says and the other one can easily feel his sarcastic tone.

     More than likely he should apologize, but how should he do that? Or when? Before or after he tells him about Matthew? When and with what should they start? They have a lot to talk about, and Taehyung is already feeling annoyed. He promised himself from the beginning that he would not get involved in Jungkook's troubles, but because of his father he had to do it. So he asks the first thing that comes to his mind right now:

     "What... What movie are you watching? "

    Jungkook looked at him a little surprised by the question. He knows all too well that Taehyung isn't the kind to like small, insignificant conversations. And that makes him realize that the other one has something to say, but he doesn't know how to do it. So it must be something quite important.

     "If I had chosen to die." Jungkook answers and the older one glance at him. " It's a sad movie, but beautiful at the same time. It makes me want to cry, but instead I smile. " he say later, and this time, Taehyung is a little surprised.

     "Why do you look at him if it is a sad one? " the CEO asks and the doll-eyed boy chuckles weakly.

      "Because sadness can be also beautiful, Taehyung. It makes you stronger even if it knocks you to the ground. It makes you value what you have or those in your life more. " the younger one comments, then smiles. " Besides, sad movies seem more real, at least to me. " he says later and the other raises his right eyebrow, a little confused.

     "More real? What do you mean?"

   Taehyung knows that he is moving far away from the subject he wants to address, but he simply wants to know what Jungkook has in mind and soul. He's a little curious, he has to admit.

     "I just think I can feel myself more in sad movies, which have hidden life lessons and are soaked in pain. I am used with all of them in my turn though. " he replies and then shrugs, watching the TV again. 

     Taehyung is silent for a few moments, not knowing what to say. He hasn't known Jungkook for a long time( heck, he knows him just about two fucking weeks) and shouldn't find out things about him, but the fact that it's the first time he's heard him talking like that makes him feel ... weird. Jungkook looks hurt, lost, even though he is watching TV with a smile on his face. And that makes him wonder if for the bunny boy, the smile is the mask he wears. He hides behind the careless and sarcastic attitude, but Jungkook probably hides behind that cute smile.

     Wait... That cute smile? Did Taehyung really think about that?

    "Jungkook, you-"