Chapter 8 ✓

|8.| Secrets from the shadows

<•••>

     "So we just decline the partnership?" Yoongi asks, looking intently as the CEO, and the older one just nods, still looking over some files.

     "Yeah. You know our rules: we don't sign contracts with cheating companies that have a lot of problems in the middle. And Kyle's company is exactly the same. So no, we decline the contract." Taehyung explains and his secretary just approves, writing something in his notebook.

     "You have also a meeting in like... thirty minutes." the older one comments as the other one just moves his glance from the files, to his friend.

     "I can't wait for Sunday to come. Ah, a day free from all this mess. Damn it, it's really heavenly!" the younger one says and his friend chuckles subtly.

     "Yes, I'm waiting for the weekend too. We really need more days off. " Yoongi says and the other just shrugs.

     "You know we don't really allow that. I could hardly give the Sunday off, you know. " Taehyung comments and the other approves again.

     "Yeah, I know." the older one speaks, then glances again at his friend. "You apologized last night?" he asks after, forcing the younger one to raise his left eyebrow.

    "What do you mean?"

    "You said you'd apologize to Jungkook for the way you behaved. " the secretary explains as the other one just rolls his eyes.

    "No, you said that. I did not agree. I told you before, I have no reason to apologize to him." the CEO comments, and this time it is the other's turn to turn his eyes.

    "You were an asshole, I think you have to apologize. " Yoongi says simply and the other one gives him a not very friendly look.

    "You know I'm still your boss, right? "

     "And you know I don't care, right?" the older asks at his turn, then continues. "Besides, I'm older than you, so you should listen to me. You know all too well that you behaved badly with Jungkook too. "

    Taehyung just sighs, then moves his attention to the papers. Yeah, he's not so stupid as not to realize that he misbehaved with Jungkook, even though he had no reason to. But there is something stronger than the little feeling of guilt that stops him from apologizing to the bunny boy: pride. He knows pride is the trap of ego pleasure, he knows it is not really a good thing. But he cannot help. He is not used to apologizing, because he is usually not wrong. And if he keeps thinking about what happened yesterday, it wasn't his fault. Jungkook simply exceeded a limit that he imposed by mutual agreement with the other.

    Well, if the preparation of a dinner would be an exceeding of certain limits. The CEO has to admit though. The food prepared by Jungkook didn't look bad, more than that, it looked very good. He really refrained hard from not tasting it, because he usually doesn't eat at all after coming from the office. Too tired to prepare something, or to wait for an order. But the pride stopped him from quenching his hunger last night as well.

    "I... I didn't do anything wrong. I was just honest. " the CEO revolts and the other has no time to answer, because someone enters the door without knocking.