CHAPTER 39

After they ate dinner, the two of them decided to have some fresh air and talk.

“I'm surprised. I did not expect you to be from the Yoo household.”

“Your sister did not have such an aura, so I did not notice

“Your sister did not have such an aura, so I did not notice.”-Park Jongseong/Jay said.

“...... That's because Y/n and I are step-sisters.”-Karina sadly said, causing Jay to turn his head and look at her.

“Oh, I see.”-Jay replied, while looking at karina.

“Thank you for taking care of me today. I had a lovely time thanks to your warm hospitality.”-Karina said, bowing her head.

“Also, I feel grateful, for this encounter.”-Karina added.

“..... Oh, No. It makes me nervous if you talk so formally.”-Jay said nervously waving his hand.

“Please relax and be yourself in front of me.”-Jay added, scratching the back of his head.

After he said that, he went back on looking at the view and said: “I believe my father mentioned it earlier during the dinner. I do not deal with how strict it is at home and at the company.”

“Since my brother is inheriting our family's business. I have been able to live freely according to my own desires.”

“But with our circumstances, I could not just live like that forever.”

“Especially after seeing a girl like you, who is aware of her duties, behaving like this, I realised once again that, I should not be running away from mine.”-Jay said, then look at karina's side profile.

“I would like to.... Ask for a favour from you.”-Karina said.

“... What is it?”-Jay asked.

“I would like you to, keep this gathering a secret from Y/n.”
-Karina said with a tint of sadness in her voice.

“Is there a reason behind that...?”
-Jay asked, after he asked that, he noticed that Karina's face turned into blank face.

So he hurriedly apologize: “... I'm sorry for asking too much. I understand and I will do as you say.”

After that conversation they decided to just end it there, and go home, since it's getting late already.

“It's getting late now... So please stay over at my place.”-Jay said.

“I appreciate your concern, but, my family would be worried about me.”-Karina replied, so Jay just nodded his head and drove his car.

When Karina arrived at their house, she immediately went straight to their room and saw Y/n sitting while listening to music with eyes closed.

She must be so exhausted trying to finish her homework just take me on a date. -Karina thought.

Looking at Y/n sadly, she get a blanket and put it on Y/n and said: “I'm home.” then rest her head on Y/n shoulder, and close her eyes.

-TO BE CONTINUED.