16. Silence Before the Strom

Time 2.30 AM

Phone rings

Namjoon hesitates to answer the phone call seeing the caller ID.

"Hello... Namjoon-ah?"

Namjoon was too pissed to the point he didn't even want to hear his voice.

"How is he?"

"I dropped him home after he got consciousness. Actually what did you do with him? He was a complete mess!"

Yoongi clenched his teeth listening to Namjoon's words about Jimin's condition. He knew he took it too far than he decided. But alpha wasn't ready to accept he did wrong because his irrational ego took over his empathetic heart.

"That shit deserves that. Isn't he? I suffered a lot more than he does when he left me. So why do you try to defense him? am I not even supposed to talk with him?

Namjoon understands Yoongi is oblivious to the whole situation. On the other hand, he can't share the truth because Jimin had begged him not to say any information to Yoongi.

Namjoon witnessed what kind of a danger younger is in as he saved him that day, alpha really hope he could say it to his friend because he knew how pathetic is omega's life alone with their baby boy.

So that's the reason for Namjoon not taking Yoongi's side. After knowing the whole thing Namjoon couldn't accept the way alpha act today.

"Yoongi, listen he didn't talk to me about anything that happened between you two. Yet I can see. I can see that what you did with him isn't a mere talk".

"What you trying to say Joon-ah?"

"His cheeks were printed with blue patches Yoongi. After all, you know it better than me Yoongi. Jimin is an omega he can't take you! He isn't strong enough for that. So let me ask from you where is that gentleman of you?"

Namjoon got to know that omega was suffering from his heat pain as his scent neutralizer starts to fade away in their ride back home from the celebratory premises.

To Namjoon, Jimin means like his own younger brother so he was all safe under alpha's protection even though he was still in his heat.

"Yoongi listen, as you told me earlier you two have to work in the same space. So at least from now on just think before act. Okay, I can understand that you hate him then at least think about your reputation.
And.............give him some time he might have his own story".

"Wow wow wow"

"Whose friend you are?"

"Why are you telling me these things Namjoon-ah? Don't you know what Jimin did?
Why does everyone in the world act like I am the beast here? He had fucking enough time. If he had his own story he had more than enough time. But he never comes to me."

"Namjoon guess Yoongi is totally wasted from the way he talking hiccuping in between. Anyway, he kept on listening without interrupting to not so emotionally stable alpha's talk though it was already 3 in the morning.

"He was the one who left me. Why Joon-ah why?.
Why he couldn't stay by my side. He looks still the same. I can't forget those teary eyes. Even though you didn't tell me those things, I am also regretting what happened earlier. He passed out on my arms I can't forget the way he holds my-------"

Namjoon felt bad for Yoongi as he listened to the way he sobbed so hard in between. Namjoon never knew that Yoongi was in such mental agony until he listen to alpha's drunken talk.

"Yoongi we'll talk tomorrow just go to sleep now. Yoongi? Are you listening?"

But the other side was already silent. Since he didn't receive any answer Namjoon understand he fell asleep while talking.