Chaeyoung giggled and found a quiet corner with Jennie.

Ordering a set of spicy combo for two as well as spicy rabbit head, Sichuan pepper chicken feet, and some beef brisket slices with pickled pepper, they managed to treat themselves to a gastronomic experience.

When they had left, their lips were so swollen and out-turned, it felt as if their lips were no longer theirs.

Jennie had never tried something that delectably spicy, she. asked Chaeyoung, "Aren't you from Jiang Nan, how do you stand the spiciness? "

Chaeyoung laughed, "I'm a Sichuan chick at heart! "

When she saw the confused look on Jennie's face, Chaeyoung waved it off and said, "It's nothing, just something tiny in the past! "

Chaeyoung would not have known that her spicy meal would cause such a huge trouble!

Midnight

Jennie held her stomach in pain as the chilies continually
tortured her from inside.

She got up to have a cup of warm water and laid back down. However, the burning pain did not seem to ease as her stomach churned even harder.

Jennie went to the bathroom to throw up most of the food in the sink.

It was such a huge stir that it woke Chaeyoung.

"Whoa! Jennie, are you alright? " Jennie's face was pale, her lips trembling slightly as she panted as a result of her regurgitation.

Her brows were knitted tight, scaring Chaeyoung.

"I'll send you to the hospital right now! "

Aside from the hospital, there was nowhere else to go with the current situation.

Chaeyoung helped Jennie to change out of her pajamas and picked a sports outfit for herself. Without delay, she showed her strength, carrying Jennie on her back into the lift.

The receptionist called a cab for her. Jennie tried to lessen the pain by not speaking on the ride to the hospital as she swore to not have something that spicy anymore!

Jennie was frustrated at herself for being sent to the hospital because having too much spice.

She took a number and waited. Thankfully, there were not many people waiting at night. The doctor diagnosed Jennie to have

Acute Gastroenteritis.

After Jennie was hooked up with an intravenous drip machine, Chaeyoung apologized, "It's my fault, I shouldn't have made you eat so many spicy foods! "

Jennie felt that Chaeyoung was blaming herself too much, so she said, "Don't worry. I haven't even thanked you for accompanying me to City C to investigate Nancy. It's my own problem for having a weak constitution, why would I blame you? "

The nurse looked at Jennie and flipped her notebook, asking, "Jennie? Gastroenteritis? "

Jennie answered, "Yes! "

The nurse trained her discerning eyes on Jennie. Her face was under a mask, but Jennie felt that she must be around the same age as herself.

"After finishing this, take a little rest. Best if you can stay here for an hour for observation before leaving! "

After saying that, the nurse exited the infusion room.

Chaeyoung looked at her watch. "It's already almost morning. Might as well stay here and sleep until the morning. "

Indeed, Mu Chenyan felt much better after the treatment. Her. stomach was no longer in pain, and sleepiness took her.

The two women laid on the bed in the infusion room and promptly fell asleep.

Jennie did not notice when the nurse returned to remove the syringe, which just speaks for how deeply she slept.

As the morning arrived, patients who were admitted to the infusion room had begun to increase. Both the women were woken up by the bustle. Chaeyoung helped Jennie up. "I should bring you back to the hotel to rest a little longer!"

Seeing how pale Jennie was still, Chaeyoung wanted to
piggyback her, to which she declined. They made their way to the entrance of the hospital, planning to call a cab when a white Honda came out of the parking area and approached them. A lady with shades stretched her head out and said, "Miss Kim, I can give you a ride! "

Jennie was slightly taken aback. She knew she did not know anyone in City C, but this lady called her Miss Kim....

----------------------------------------
*DO NOT VOTE PLEASE*