28| An Actual Relationship

Start from the beginning

"An article tonight?"

"That's all you took from everything I said?" She sounded hurt.

I immediately walked away and got into my car. I was about to drive off when I saw Nana looking bewildered through the window. "I have to do something. I'll be back soon."

With that, I drove to the company. I know what I told Quinn and I still stand by it. I don't want to be in a fake relationship for the sake of 'the companies' I wanted a real relationship. Everything with Quinn and even with Nana would be for the sake of the company. There were no real emotions involved, I didn't want that.

I went into my grandfather's office only to see him having a meeting with Mrs. Manchester. They both had full cups of tea infront of them.

I bowed out of courtesy, trying to hide my surprise. "Oh Ace dear," She smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm very well..... How's Quinn?"

"She's awake now. Her dad is by her side, don't worry."

She seems to be close to her dad. Her mum seemed to be the arduous parent considering that she's the one who's always with my family members.

"It's good that you're here take a seat." My grandfather said sternly.

I sat across them and it suddenly felt like an interrogation.

"The Manchester group would be helping us with our AI project, it would be a joint effort now. And they would be our major sponsors," My grandfather began.

I never expected that to happen, considering the breakup.

"We would announce it to the public once we've reached stage three of the production. I assure you that you'll be in good hands," Mrs. Winston smirked and showed me a document on the iPad she slide to my side.

It had everything planned. From the help we'll need to get the project approved and the loans and stages of production. I had to voice out my curiosity and the reason I went there.

"This merging.... It's still going to happen even after Quinn and I announce our break up?"

"What? What nonsense are you on again? What did you do to mess this up?" My grandfather glared at me and stood up, pointing fingers at me.

"Ah Mr. Winston calm down," Mrs. Manchester laughed and urged him to sit. He slowly took his seat while still shooting laser at me with his eyes.

Wasn't he the one who commanded Carl to initiate the breakup? Why was he acting so surprised now? Or wait.

Did Carl make that decision by himself?

"I spoke to Carl about this. He believes that since Kim Nayong is back and her family and your family planned her marriage to Ace a long time ago, Ace and Quinn should break up for it to happen. I laughed so much when he told me that. I had to sit him down and explain that Quinn and Ace can't be separated for some daughter of a pharmaceutical company. The Winston and Manchester company would be way too powerful together, don't you agree Mr. Winston?" Mrs. Manchester Poured out and my eyes narrowed at her.

Wow, what a woman!

She knows exactly what she wants.

This is the exact reason why I didn't want to do this. I knew it would come to this and before I know it, they'll be talking about marriage. It's one thing for me to defy my grandfather but when it comes to a stranger like Mrs. Machester I prefer to observe her from afar before striking.

My grandfather looked taken back for a second but quickly masked it. "Yes of course. The Kims are our old family friends and we just promised the marriage as old friends years back. Times have obviously changed."