Chapter 36: Say What You Mean

Holaaa my dear lovely readerss!! :)) How are all of you doing on this Thursday? OMFG I AM SO HAPPY TOMORROW'S FRIDAY WHICH MEANS MORE UPDATINGGG AHA. :D Welperss, chappie 36 is right here for all of you guys!!! ❤ I hope you all like it; I worked hard as always. But gahh, I feel like this chapter could've been much better written. ;P Well, I hope you all like it anyways; hopefully it's not too crappy..And you guys are gunna H A T E me for the end of this chapter..sorry guys, it had to be done!! But you don't know whats gunna happen in the following chapter(s)... ;D

Also, it'd mean THE WORLD if you all checked out my newer Emblem3 fanfiction, What Hides In The Woods. :3 It's a horror one, and if you all like scary and Emblem3, I guarantee you'll love it! So check it out and vote and comment on it babes!

Don't forget to vote, comment, & fan!! Spread the word and make sure people comment and vote and fan me. :)

*Sorry for any grammar or punctuation errors* Enjoyy xxxxx 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Scarlet's POV*

After what felt like days, months, even years waiting for some type of news on Wesley's condition, a nurse finally walked over towards us while looking down sadly at her feet.

I immediately felt my heart stop beating as my eyes captured the look on her face. Her features were clearly filled with sincerity, sadness, charity..everything on her face just screamed 'He didn't make it'.

I gulped as she made her way over towards us, and Keaton gave my hand a quick reassuring squeeze. I turned to look at him through my bloodshot brown orbs, to see him trying to comfort me with his tear filled blue eyes.

I let a shaky breath escape my lips when she sat down in a chair directly across from us. She looked up at us, a sad smile on her face. "You're all here for Wesley Stromberg, correct?"

Drew nodded, running a hand through the little blonde hair he had. "Please tell us he's okay.."

That's all we wanted to know.

Why can't they just tell us already?

Do they not understand how hard and agonizingly painful it is to just sit here, not knowing if someone that you love and is so close to you is still alive or not? Hm, obviously they don't.

The nurse sighed slowly, biting down on her bottom lip nervously. "Well, there's both good and bad news. Which do you want-"

"Bad," I blurted, the others nodding their heads in agreement as they couldn't find the ability to speak.

"You want to hear the bad news first?" she repeated, making sure that that's what we wanted.

"Yes, please," I whispered, fighting back the tears that brimmed in my eyes.

Hey, why not get the bad news over with? Then at least you have good news to cover it up afterwards.

"Okay. The bad news is that while we were getting the bullets out during surgery, Wesley went into shock due to the loss of blood, and he started seizing during the procedure. Luckily, we got his heart rate back up to normal along with his blood pressure and stopped his seizure and we were able to finish the surgery before his heart completely failed. Also when he fell, the impact from his skull hitting the concrete gave him a minor concussion, so he may not remember some things when-if, he wakes up."

I sat there in utter shock as her words registered through my brain.

Did..

Did she just say 'if'?