Chapter 18: Barely Breathing

Hello lovelies!! :) Sorry that I haven't updated in a few days, I've been really busy. ;P But I finally have the next chappie up!! c; I hope you all like it;I worked hard as always. Sorry if it's kinda sucky, I just really wanted to update for ya'll before I went to bed. Also, there is a cliffhanger, I'm so sorry, and I just want to let you all know before you yell at me and punch me in the faceee, NOONE dies. Okay? They may be at the point of death, but they will live!! :D Haha just to let you all know!! I didn't want you guys freaking out at me after you read the chappie lolololol. (: So yeah!!

Keep commenting, voting, fanning, & sharing my story with your friends!!

*Sorry for any grammar or punctuation errors* Enjoyyyy :) xxxxxxxxxxxx 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Scarlet's POV*

"Keaton?" I asked, just a little bit louder than a whisper. My throat was beginning to become sore from crying and screaming so much, and my eyes were puffy and red now from all of the salty tears that filled them.

He lifted his head up to look at me, a little bit of blood still trickling down his smooth lips. "Yeah, baby?" he asked softly, his voice rough and dry.

You could tell from looking at him for just one second that he was definitely in critical condition. His usual shiny, light brown hair was now dulling and tangled. His skin was now an eerie pale, not his usual, lively color. He had blood stains all over his shirt from when he coughed blood up from his mouth. He was beginning to get dark circles under his still deep, ocean blue orbs, making him look terribly weak and hurt.

It broke my heart to see him like this. And, I couldn't bare to think of it, but if we don't get found and get help within twenty four hours, I don't think he's going to make it..and neither will I.

I forced back the tears that filled my eyes once more, determined to stay strong for him. "I..I just want you to know that I love you, Keaton Robert Stromberg. I love you more than anything or anyone on this planet, and-"

"Scarlet, stop. You're not going to die, and neither am I. We're going to get out of here," Keaton said, determined, but you could still easily hear the tiny hint of doubt in his voice. He wasn't even so sure about his own words himself.

I nodded, just agreeing with him for our own sake. "Okay. I'm just saying."

"I know you are, but-"

He was cut off by the sound of a door being thrown open, and our heads snapped in the direction of the sound to only meet eyes with the person that we've been dreading to see again for the past hour.

"I'm back. Are you two ready to have some fun?" Jared smirked, walking up towards me and pulling something metallic from behind his back. Keaton saw what it was, and his eyes automatically went wide with fear. Before I could even comprehend what was going on next, Jared had his big hands gripped around the back of my throat, while he pressed a sharp silver knife to the tip of my skin on my neck.

I froze, afraid of what action he would proceed with next. My breathing became heavy, and you could hear it easily throughout the room. "Now listen right now, Scarlet. We're going to show your little boyfriend here how I liketo have some fun, hm? What do you think?" he whispered lowly in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

My eyes went wide at the realisation of what he was saying. "But Jared, I'm-"

I was cut off by a sharp pain running through my cheek. It wasn't a slap from a hand though, this time. It was a cut from a knife. I screamed in pain, the tears finally breaking through and falling down my cheeks, along with the crimson blood that flowed down my right one.