Chapter 17: Coming To Life

Heyheyhey everyone!!! :) I've got chappie 17 up for you!! Woohoo!! I hope you all like it;I worked hard as always. :3 Don't forget to read, comment, vote, & fan!!! Reading all of your comments really make my day!! I love them all!! ❤

*Sorry for any grammar or punctuation errors* Enjoy :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Keaton's POV*

I watched as Scarlet walked out the door, leaving me worried and unsure of what to do next as she got farther and farther away from me. I know that she's just going down the block to the corner store, but I just can't shake the unease in the pit of my stomach. I don't know why, but I have this feeling that she shouldn't be going alone.

"Keats, are you okay?" Wes pulled me out of my thoughts, his face laced with worry and slight confusion.

I sighed, the feeling inside my stomach not going away. I slowly shook my head. "No, I don't feel right about letting her go by herself. It's not that I'm overprotective of her, but with Jared all free to roam, I'm just scared to leave her alone."

Wes nodded in understanding, and started shoving me towards the door lightly. "Go after her, bro. Make sure she's alright. Now that you mention Jared, I don't feel too good about this either."

I nodded, slipping on the first shoes of mine I could find and heading out the door, but not before quickly apologizing to Caitlyn for rushing off so quickly. She gave me a warm smile and said it was okay. I ran out the door and began heading in the direction of the corner store. I stopped when I realised that if she had taken that way, I'd be able to see her figure straight down. She couldn't have gotten there yet either. Which way could she have gone?

All of a sudden, a familiar, ear piercing scream filled my eardrums, causing my stomach to drop to the floor.

"Stop! Let me go! Keaton! Help me! Help! Wes! Drew!" Scarlet screamed at the top of her lungs from somewhere near, but not visible from where I stood.

My heart was now racing in my chest, beads of sweat falling from my palms and forehead. Scarlet's in trouble, and someone has her. I have a feeling in my gut that I know who it is. Jared.

Where the hell could she be?

As if on cue, a lightbulb turned on in my head. The alley. She's in the alley.  

I immediately started sprinting towards the alley a block or so down, running as fast as my legs could take me to her. I couldn't let him hurt her, I couldn't. Fuck, it's all my fault. If I only hadn't let her go alone, none of this would've happened. She'd be perfectly fine and cradled in my arms, safe and happy.

I reached the alley in a matter of seconds, and I definitely wasn't prepared for what I saw.

Jared was holding Scarlet's weak, plump body in his arms in a choke hold. He held a cloth over her nose and mouth, while she slowly stopped struggling in his grip to get away. He was drugging her. Her sparkling brown eyes had tears in them, and they found mine. I can't deal with this anymore. I need to save her.

I ran as fast as my wobbly legs could take me to the other end of the alley where they stood, Scarlet's body finally going fully limp as she kept her eyes on me, the chloroform cloth still on her face.

Tears started welling up in my blue eyes as I ran to her, threatening to fall. "Scarlet! Scar! Leave her the fuck alone! Get your hands off of her!"

Jared just snickered, and as her eyes finally closed shut he let go of her and dropped her to the ground, her body making a quiet thump as she landed on her back.