Chapter 5

KEATON'S POV

Before I could even comprehend what was happening, Scarlet's smooth lips met mine, causing sparks of electricity to ignite in the air. At first I was surprised, but then I found myself kissing her back, our lips moving in sync. It was perfect.

She was perfect.

I don't know how to explain it, but it just felt so right with her lips on mine, kissing me with such passion, yet being so gentle at the same time.

We then pulled back slowly, looking deeply into each others eyes. I could see happiness in her warm brown orbs as they twinkled while she looked into my blue ones.

After a moment, a smile lit up Scarlet's face. "I like you too, Keaton," she said softly, before she wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tight, resting her head on my shoulder gently. I smiled and hugged her back, my chin resting on top of her head.

Thousands of questions ran through my head while I held her. What's going to happen now? Are we going to become official?

"Keats?" Scarlet's sweet voice pulled me out of my thoughts. She leaning her head on my chest now, looking up at me with a thoughtful expression.

"Yeah?" I replied, moving a stray piece of her blonde hair from her face.

"What...what are we?" she asked softly, looking deeply into my eyes, as if she were searching for an answer. "I mean, I really like you, but we just met. Do you think we'd be taking things too fast?"

I bit my lip, thinking about what she just said. I'd love to be her boyfriend, but would we be taking things too fast? I know Drew said to take things slow, but I'm not sure if we can. Plus, we both get shocks of electricity and sparks whenever we touch or kiss; magic. I know she feels them too. That's a sign of love, right? It's like we were meant to be together.

"Scarlet, do you get sparks whenever we touch or when we kissed? Like magic?" I asked, not meaning to change the subject. I'd still tell her the answer to her questions, but this was more important at the moment.

She slowly nodded, and her cheeks started to flush a bit. "Yeah, I do. You do too, don't you?"

"Yeah. Doesn't that mean you have like a special connection with that person or something, like you were meant for each other?"

She smiled and giggled quietly. "Yeah, I think so. What are you-"

"We were meant to be together, Scar. I just know it," I said positively, looking her in the eyes. I knew what I was saying. We were meant to be.

She sighed, looking down. "I..I just don't want to be hurt again, Keaton. I have so much on my plate right now, and I can't handle any more problems," she whispered, tears filling in her brown orbs. One rolled down her cheek, and I gently wiped it away with my thumb. I hated seeing her cry. It makes me really sad as well, and I want to start crying. I can't see her get hurt, ever again, and I'm going to make sure of it. 

"Listen to me, Scarlet, I am never going to hurt you. I care for you too much, and I'd never be able to live with myself knowing if I ever hurt you. I promise," I told her, lifting her chin up with my finger forcing her to look at me.

"Really?" she whispered, a small smile forming on her face.

I nodded, smiling back. "Really."

"Okay."

Before I could even stop myself, I found myself shaking with nervousness as I prepared for the six words that I were about to say to escape my mouth. I just really hope she says yes..