Chapter 30

Louisa's POV

Louisa's POV

As I walked out the door the dark night sky welcomed me.

I took a deep breath before I proceeded walking to the side. I saw a man sitting, when he saw me he quickly got up and pointed to the other seat in front of him, I nodded and sat down.

There's a loud silence between us, only the sound of the night you can hear- also the sound of the party inside.

"You probably already knew who I am, I won't stay long. I just wanted to know the truth, the truth coming from your own mouth". I started since my heart would explode any second.

"What my Mom and brothers told me ever since I was a kid is that you died in a plane crash, I believe that for a long time, not until I met you. My thoughts are in shuffle and left me unanswered". I added. I'm looking at him but he's just looking down.

"So this time, I want you to tell the truth- why did you abandon us? Why did you let us live this way? Why are you like this? Why are you denying me as your child?". No tears flowing, only my thoughts.

"What did I do wrong? Why do I have to live in lies? Do you know how miserable my life is? how men in my life always ended up leaving me? just like what you did to me". This anger is driving me, this is not good.

"For once, tell me honestly and answer all those questions honestly". I remark. He slowly looked up and looked at me in my eyes.

"Do you really want to know the truth?". He asked but I didn't answer, I'm scared to know the truth.

"I don't want you-". Oh... okay, that's painful.

"I never dreamed of having a daughter, all I want is to have a son to be the one who will continue my legacy- my family's legacy. You were weak when you were young, your mother had a hard time delivering you that time and it put her in danger, you had a lot of problems when you were born and that made me angry at you for putting my wife's life in danger-". I'm speechless. Am I hearing this right?

"I wanted to give you up but your Mom fought you and my anger developed in months to the point your Mom divorce me, and that's all your fault". His voice changed to an angry tone but he was still calm.

This is more painful than I thought, this is not the truth that I'm expecting.

"We eventually split, she told me not to come near you and end my connection to you and to my sons. Is that what you want to hear? The truth?". I'm glad that my tears didn't betray me this time.

"I don't have a daughter, I have a sons-"

"I heard enough, enough to fulfil the questions that have been going in my mind". I scoffed while nodding.

"You're such a shame, you know that?-". He looked shocked with what I said.

"Yeah, you heard that right. You're such a shame for blaming me when everyone knows it's not my fault for me to be born with such implication- I didn't ask you to give me a life, I don't even know why I'm alive, I didn't ask you to give me life. If I just knew that you will be my father, I would rather be dead". Thank you tears for not showing up.