Chapter 21

|Continuation of the flashback|

"Where's Heeseung hyung, Hae-in hyung and Auntie? why are they not here?". Jungwon sat beside the other swing after he cleaned up my wound.

"They're still at school and Mom is at work". I stomped my feet on the sand lightly to move the swing.

"You didn't tell them?". He looked shocked and that made him stop himself from swinging the swing.

"I don't want them to be here, they're busy". I said as if it's normal to a 7 years old to think about the adults that are supposed to take care of her, adults who are supposed to give her the attention and love she needs. I just got used to it.

"Come with me-". Jungwon suddenly stood up in front of me, I quickly landed my feet on the ground to stop the swing and looked at his hand confused.

"Where?". I asked, still looking at his hand reaching mine.

"Just come with me, I have something to show you". His cute little dimples showed up when he smiled and his cheeks made a bounce when he wiggled his hand again for me to reach them.

I didn't know what to do so I reached his hand and came with him.

We walked out the gate of the playground, I don't know where we're going so I just followed him where he's going while holding my hand tight.

We shifted to the other side of the hallway, this is a way to the garden. There's no other students wandering around the classroom since they're all in the event, no noisy and mean elementary students.

"Where are we really going?". I pulled my hand and stopped walking. He stopped walking and looked back.

"Trust me, you'll like it". He assured me, he moved forward to me and got my hand before he continued pulling me again. We started walking again until we reached the garden, I'm right.

"What are we doing here?". I asked while scanning the school garden.

"I have something to show you here, come with me". He let go of my hand and ran to somewhere I don't know.

I patiently followed him as he walked inside the small cabin. I saw him picking up something that made my eyes squint.

When he turned around, I walked out the cabin and waited for him to leave. He showed up holding a flower in his hands while smiling brightly.

"Oh? how did you get that?". I asked because he got in that cabin empty handed and went out with a flower.

"Don't ask. For you...". As a kid who never received a flower from anyone, it made me giggle and smile widely. It made me feel special, just like what I saw on the television, a guy giving flowers to a girl and made the girl smile, that's the effect I felt.